IT Hardware Support Apprentice (Hull City Council)
- Estio Training
- HU1 1EP, Kingston upon Hull
- Salary - £177.97 a week
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked – 37 hours a week
About the company:
Hull City Council is the governing body for the unitary authority and city of Kingston upon Hull, England. They have over 1800 employees and are dedicated to providing the best service possible.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Hardware Support Analyst with Hull City Council based in central Hull.
The Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship will be working in the end user services team to assist in providing 2nd and 3rd line support to maintain the stable and efficient operation of applications and desktops (e.g. PC’s, laptops, tablets and peripherals) ensuring optimal performance of all systems. The EUS team, as a whole, comprises of a hardware and software team and the apprentice will be attached to the hardware team which comprises of 10 staff members. The hardware team is further divided into 3 teams that provide 2nd line support as both remotely and on site.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Face to face support at reception (bit locker reset, domain issues, user profile issue, device handover etc)
- Remote support (CMRC)
- Customer contact (Telephone)
- Site visits.
- Asset management/workflow.
- Device imaging (SCCM)
- Software installs.
- Remote software deployment.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Computer literate with the ability to use core MS Office products and learn bespoke business systems.
- Basic knowledge of ICT technology and terminology (i.e. an understanding industry standard device and the peripherals).
- Knowledge of PC components and assembling.
- Interest in ICT.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good level of self-motivation, flexibility and organisational skills.
- Good ability to plan and prioritise own work and meet deadlines.
- Good Time management.
- Works professionally and independently, taking responsibility and initiative as appropriate.
- Demonstrates standard business courtesies and professional ethics in how they work.
- Demonstrates a productive and organised approach to their work.
- Works effectively with customers, clients and users.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert