ICT Support Technician Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- DN32 9RU, Grimsby
- £17,964 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Linkage is a registered charity which provides a high standard of care, specialist further education and employment services to enable people with learning disabilities to realise their full potential.
Linkage was established in 1976 and owes its origins to the recognition that, for many people with varying degrees of learning difficulty, there is a shortage of appropriate support for them to lead creative and purposeful lives in the community.
The ICT Support Technicians role is to provide first and second line support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation’s desktop, applications and infrastructure.
This role specifically acts as a point of contact for the ICT function, responsible for the provision of first and second line desktop, infrastructure and application support services; which includes management of ICT support incident and requests logged via telephone call / via Helpdesk software.
This role will ensure effective on-going operation of Linkage Community Trust functions through timely and efficient support of the IT systems.
£17,964 per annum.
The Apprentice will be responsible for:
Providing first and second line desktop, application and infrastructure support services specifically:
- Desktops, laptops and mobile devices
- User asset management (Active Directory, Cloud/Azure etc)
- Desktop, mobile and web-based software including business applications whether hosted internally or externally (eg Office 365, HR, Expenses )
- Infrastructure, including network & telephony patching/minor configuration and support for peripheral devices
- Local file and print services including minor configuration/share management
- The day-to-day functioning of business applications and the business workflows and integration surrounding them and departmental and office moves/changes
- Providing first and second line support services within Linkage sites (which may include remote sites) to ensure that the desktop, applications (including integration components) and infrastructure is available during required hours of operation
- Management of changes to the desktop, applications and infrastructure by following the Linkage Trust Change Management process to ensure that the live environment is protected at all times. Ensuring these changes are scheduled at times of least disruption to the business and with relevant approval
- Escalation of incidents/requests to senior ICT staff where appropriate and closing incidents in a timely fashion with correct level of details to meet defined Linkage Trust Services Levels
- Providing feedback on incidents and problems to assist with the identification and tracking of common and re-occurring issues
- Act as an on-site point of contact for Senior ICT Staff to assist with the resolution of incidents, requests, project tasks and problem records. This may include performing certain activities with their direction
- Following all operational processes and procedures following company and/or industry best practice guidelines – these include for example daily checks, and any processes as advised/set by ICT management
- Ability to provide support and advise to users on a wide variety of ICT hardware
- Ability to provide support and advise to users on a wide variety of software and related equipment
- Ability to multi-task, and perform actions requiring a sustained level of concentration whilst dealing with a high level of interruptions is also essential
- Must be able to explain instructions or technical difficulties in a clear manner
- Motivated and industrious
- Ethical member of staff
- Ability to work part of a larger team
- Ability to form and maintain professional relationships
Also / Essential:
- Driving License
- Double Covid jabbed – due to the nature of the working environment
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
- Great organisation to really develop IT career working at different sites.
- Great perks such as 6 weeks of holidays!
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert