IT Technician Apprentice (Innovate Healthcare Services Service Desk)
- Estio Training
- CV34 5BW, Warwick
- £10,296 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
The posts will be based in two places over the 20 months:
Full Address - Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, Warwick, CV34 5BW and George Eliot Hospital, College Street, Nuneaton, CV10 7DJ
Weekly Hours worked - 37.5 hours a week
This is a 20 month contract
About the company:
Innovate Healthcare Services is a joint venture company of South Warwickshire University NHS Foundation Trust and George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust, providing digital and ICT services across Warwickshire and beyond.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communications Technician with Innovate Healthcare Services.
The ICT Support Officer will deliver a range of support duties under the direction of their supervisor. They will be involved in resolving a wide range of ICT issues or contributing to new programmes and projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To maintain effective working relationships both within their own team and with wider stakeholders.
- To use appropriate methodologies, tools and best practice as directed by their supervisor.
- To understand and adhere to company policies and procedures in their work area.
- To undertake duties to meet the needs of the service and work within established service level agreements.
- To adhere to monitoring, compliance and audit procedures.
- To assist in business application support within their work area and undertake tasks utilising agreed standards and procedures and work with periodic supervision.
- To assist colleagues in regular liaison and provide professional advice and support to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- To be responsible for maintaining their own knowledge and skillsets across a wide range of applications as directed by their supervisor.
- Undertake training and maintain knowledge in end user applications including our clients’ main patient management and clinical systems.
- To contribute to the evaluation of business processes and, using best practice, identify options for improving efficiency and effectiveness of operational delivery.
- Engage in floor walking in our hospitals to provide proactive troubleshooting of IT Technical and end user systems issues, endeavouring to resolve issues first time through own knowledge or through an understanding of the wider Innovate resource who can provide support.
- To contribute to the development of information technology security policies, standards and guidelines and maintain an awareness of associated risks and issues.
- To undertake and monitor changes to live application environments under direct supervision of senior colleagues, escalating any emergent risks or issues that are identified.
- To investigate faults within the assigned work area, using appropriate diagnostic tools and techniques and seek guidance on their resolution as necessary.
- To be responsible for understanding and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and communicate risks and issues as appropriate.
- To prioritise and promptly diagnose incidents and problems in accordance with agreed procedures, escalating if unresolved or requiring specialist or managerial direction.
- To escalate issues which cannot be resolved locally to supplier support services as per agreed procedures, track the progress of escalated issues and liaise with suppliers to enable resolutions.
- Assist with continuous improvement to practices in their work area by maintaining an awareness of advancements in information technology and their relevance to IHS and evaluating business processes throughout their programme.
- Innovate Healthcare Services encourages all staff to broaden their experience and competences. This job description contains the key duties in your role, however it is not exhaustive and you will be required to carry out other on-going or ad hoq duties as required by the service or the company and encouraged to work with a “portfolio” based approach that develops your skills and support your career aspirations.
As part of the commitment of working with us any approach to our daily work should reflect our company values:
- We are flexible and ambitious in delivering the digital needs of our partners.
- We are open, supportive and inclusive, and treat everyone with respect.
- We are a creative and staff-led company that puts our customers first.
Various supervisors throughout the apprenticeship, in addition to a dedicated mentor.
- Two A Levels Grades C or above: BTEC National Diploma DMM or Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points OR five GCSEs Grades A-C or 4-9 including Maths and English
- Good Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of key components of an ICT infrastructure, e.g. networks, servers and databases, and the roles they play
- Good Communication Skills- Building good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services.
- Organisational Skills- The ability to manage your own workload and to work to team and project deadlines.
- Teamwork and Cooperation- The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility- Apprentices work in fluid, fast-paced & exciting environments. These skills are vital to responding to situations in the workplace.
- Focusing on People - considering the people who our work affects, internally and externally. It’s about treating people fairly and improving the lives of those we impact. It’s about ensuring we have the right processes in place.
- Takes Ownership - being proactive and owning our personal objectives. It’s about seizing opportunities, driving excellence, engaging with the company priorities and furthering our professional development.
- Works Collaboratively - helping each other, developing relationships, and understanding other people’s roles. It’s about working together with colleagues, partners, and customers to earn their respect, and get the best results.
- Communicates Effectively - how we talk, write and engage with others. It’s about using simple, clear, and open language to establish positive relationships with others. It’s also about how you listen and make yourself open to conver-sation.
- Focuses on Results - ambition and achievement. It’s about orienting ourselves towards the end product and considering the effect of our service. It’s about making the right impact, having the right result and changing things for the bet-ter.
- Has an independent means of transport and able to travel to various bases across Warwickshire when required.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert