Supply and Logistics Degree Apprentice, Barnard Castle, 2023
- Barnard Castle, Durham
- A competitive starting base salary of £18,000 per year, which increases after year 1
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Site Name: UK - County Durham - Barnard Castle
Posted Date: Dec 9 2022
Join GSK’s Apprentice Programme – Barnard Castle UK, 2023: Help us get ahead of disease together
This GSK apprenticeship lasts up to four years and gives you the chance to earn while you learn. We are looking for motivated individuals with a willingness and enthusiasm to learn, who are excited to develop practical and problems solving skills. No prior experience is required as you will be given full training.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
On our 4-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress.
You’ll be working towards a degree in Supply Chain Management through online university-led learning sessions and activities. For more information see: Supply chain leadership professional (integrated degree) / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
96 UCAS points ( A levels in any of these - Maths, Business, Economics, Sciences - would be a benefit)
5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 9-5 (A*-C) including Maths, English Language (not Literature) and a Science
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Expected Start date: September 2023
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible. We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so please apply as soon as you can so your application can be considered.
Assessment Centre Date: March 2023
We want you to be motivated and passionate for the Apprenticeship you apply to – we will only accept ONE Apprenticeship application per candidate each year. Please do your research before applying and select the one Apprenticeship you wish to apply to – good luck with your application!
Are you looking to gain a head start in your career where you can positively impact the health of billions of people?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get ahead together.
Find out more: Annual Report 2021
Inspired to help us get ahead together? Apply for the Supply and Logistics Apprenticeship at GSK Barnard Castle today!
This Apprenticeship is based at our Barnard Castle site in the North East of England. On site we proudly manufacture 38 different medicines in over 1500 pack variations to treat HIV, cancer, infectious diseases, migraines, psoriasis, dermatitis, asthma, cold sores and acne, to name just a few, which we supply to over 130 markets around the world.
Ahead together with tailored training and career development
As a Supply and Logistics apprentice at GSK Barnard Castle, you will develop practical skills which will enable you to become a key member of our supply and logistics team – helping to ensure that our life-saving medicines reach our patients when they need them.
You will also attend University, where you will work towards a Degree in Supply Chain Management.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be supported by your line manager, an early talent programme manager as well as an apprentice buddy.
What will you do?
Your role might include:
- Scheduling inbound raw materials and / or outbound customer orders
- Scheduling our production processes
- Assisting with the logistics of new product introductions, packaging and shipping
- Learning about warehouse operations including inbound and outbound logistics
- Understand the complexities of shipping internationally, cold train and customs
- Attending daily and weekly performance meetings
- Helping team members with data collection and data analysis - and generating reports to inform business decisions.
- Getting involved in continuous improvement activities.
What do we offer you?
- A starting salary of £18,000 per annum, which increases after year 1
- Eligibility for NUS Extra card providing you with discounts to many high street and online outlets.
- Join NxtGen – a networking group where you can connect with other apprentices internationally.
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance subject to eligibility checks
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs.
Let’s do this!
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website –
Learn more about the application process | GSK You can learn more about GSK and our careers here.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds because it’s the right thing to do and so we can better serve the diversity of our patients.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
980 Great West Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert