Cyber Security Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £17,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Rosemont Pharmaceuticals is a company, dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of people through the development, manufacture and supply of medicines for patients who have difficulty swallowing solid medications or those who need a precise measured dose not available in a solid tablet.
Our mission is to be a rapid developer, reliable manufacturer and global supplier of novel-delivery,patient-focused medicines. Our company values of Integrity, Quality, Dynamism, inclusion & innovation sit at the heart of everything we do.
As a Cyber Security Apprentice, you will apply an understanding of cyber security to protect the organisation, systems, person data and people from attacks and unauthorised access.
The focus of the role will be to interact with risk assessments and risk mitigation, support formal security governance, regulatory & compliance, manage vendors providing IT security services, promoting user awareness of IT security and reporting & analysing IT security metrics/data.
- Vendor Management
- Working alongside IT Service providers and vendors to identify cyber vulnerabilities in systems to ensure security is maintained
- Support IT Service providers and vendors in developing security designs with design justification to meet the defined cyber security policies & parameters
- Support Third Party suppliers to deploy computer, network and cyber security technology
- Working with our Managed IT Service provider to help continuously improve the Microsoft security scoring
- Regularly assess managed service providers to ensure they are fulfilling contractual requirements needed in relation to the security the data, processes and people in our business (e.g., Security Patching, Backup reporting, backup recovery testing, DR failover testing, Asset
- Audits, Threat and Risk Management
- Support our Security Operations Centre in the research and investigation of attack techniques and recommendations of ways to defend against them
- Identify security threats and hazards to systems, services or processes to inform risk
assessments and design of security features
- Working alongside IT Service Delivery Manager conduct cyber security risk assessments in line with overall IT risk management processes
- Support and contribute to the cyber security incident management capability and process
- Conduct internal and support external cyber security audits
- Ensure Cyber Security Questionnaires are completed by IT service/applications suppliers and manufacturing suppliers who are critical to our supply chain and operations
- Assess completed supplier Cyber Security questionnaire and identify risks
- Incident Management
- Participate in cyber incident tabletop exercises and simulations (technical & non-technical) for example to better understand cyber-attack and defence, rehearse responses, test and evaluate cyber security techniques
- Participate & contribute to IT Disaster Recovery Planning
- Keep IT Disaster Recovery Planning scenarios and processes up to date in line with business requirements
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning, working with Business Continuity Team to align to Disaster Recovery Plans
- User Awareness
- Administer the 'Cyber Awareness and Simulated Phishing' platform
- Working with the 'Cyber Awareness and Simulated Phishing' platform provider, implement security awareness campaigns & phishing simulations
- Promote Security Awareness across the Rosemont business
- Review emails that are reported as Phishing from end users, review recommendations from the Phishing platform and take appropriate remediation actions
- Governance, Security Policies and Compliance
- Participate in & when required run the Cyber Governance Forum
- Support GDPR business requirements working with Legal and HR to ensure appropriate
- Develop information security policies, assess business compliance to these policies and recommend/implement changes needed to meet compliance
- Keep up to date with Information Security laws and regulations as they relate to the pharmaceutical industry within the international regions that Rosemont operates in and ensure Security Policies are aligned to these requirements
- Ensure cyber security operations performed by Rosemont staff, the Security Operations Centre and our Managed Service Providers are done in accordance with organisational policies, standards and business requirements
- Write reports, give verbal reports and presentations in the context of the cyber security role, to support service reviews, board and governance meetings
- Review/Analyse security related reports provided by our Managed Service Providers and Security Operations Centre e.g. (e.g., Security Patching reports, Antivirus/Malware protection reports, Backup success reports, backup recovery test reports, DR failover test reports, Asset reports etc...) and ensure appropriate risks are captured and mitigation actions are identified and scheduled with the provider
- Utilise the Microsoft Power Platform capability (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) to improve the reporting and analysis of Cyber Security related information
- Keep up to date with industry trends and developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development
- Undertakes such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to support the department and business activities
- Acknowledge responsibility to ensure an effective Quality Management System in order to achieve Quality Objectives
What we are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills
- A methodical, step-by-step approach to resolving issues
- Business skills like effective communication, teamwork and task/time management
- The adaptability to do a range of work – sometimes complex and non-routine – in different environments
- The ability to work under direction, use discretion and determine when to escalate issues
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
£17,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert