Apprentice Collections Analyst
- G3 8EP, Glasgow
- £15,000.00-£19,000.00 per year
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Banking & Financial Services, Consulting & Business Services
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Babington, a leading provider of apprenticeships, professional training courses and learning solutions are supporting our client,a leading provider of specialist finance solutions to the UK Motor finance market, to recruit for their next Collections Analyst, based in Glasgow.
As an apprentice, what will I be doing?
As an Apprentice Collections Analyst, you will work as part of a coordinated team effort to support customers in arrears and to seek solutions which will deliver positive customer outcomes.
As part of your apprenticeship program you will undertake a qualification in financial services delivered by our training partner Babington.
With a full career mandate set out within the department, there are a multitude of options for those looking for longevity and opportunities to progress within their career. As an apprentice you will work closely with your Team Leader and mentor, who will help you gain the relevant job specific skills and knowledge you will need to be successful in your role.
Some examples of day-day duties within the role include (but not limited to);
- Manage & control arrears cases,
- Professionally handle inbound & outbound calls, ensuring all records
are updated accurately after each call.
- Ensuring affordability assessments are completed to demonstrate
- Advise & negotiate with customers on suitable, affordable and
sustainable repayment plans.
- Ensure account management is followed on each case worked.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current Operational and Compliance policies and guidelines by attending our company training sessions or external training as required, along with up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative changes.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship a Full Time contract with the business would be available to the desired candidate.
The apprentice may have the opportunity of a permanent role once they have successfully completed their apprenticeship. This will mean that they continue to develop as the business grows.
They will also have opportunity to branch off into different departments and/or gain experience to develop into leadership roles.
What are the working hours, pay and benefits on offer?
Key Benefits - Continuous In house Training relevant to role and industry
- Full career progression map
- City Centre location
- Social Events
- Recognition and Rewards
- 15% pension contribution (after completion of apprenticeship)
- 15% OTE discretionary bonus (after completion of apprenticeship)
Flexibility is required at times to cover our trading hours:
Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm
Saturday: 9am – 6pm
Sunday: 9am – 6pm
Standard 35 hour week - 5 days over 7 days on shift basis to cover business hours.
What training will I undertake and what qualification will I get at the end?
SCQF Level 6 in Financial Services supported with a 121 coach and e-learning platform.
Are there any requirements for me to be considered?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong communicator (both verbal & written)
- Positive attitude to learning and continuous development
- Desire to challenge themselves
- Ability to follow instructions
- Maths and English (minimum national 5’s) – Ideal but not essential
If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to kick-start your career in Collections Analyst apply today, we would love to hear from you!
Babington is a leading professional training course, apprenticeships and traineeships provider. Transform your career or organisation with us.
55 Colmore Row
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert