Dartford Borough Council is a local government authority located on the border of Kent, London and Essex. Dartford is one of the most exciting regions in the country, and is at the heart of one of the Government’s key growth zones within the Thames Gateway.
Travel Information: Dartford council offices are situated in the town centre, by the railway station, easily reached by public transport.
Description of Vacancy
You will assist the busy Events team to organise and deliver the Council’s grants package and programme of events.
Plans for 2023 include:
• Children’s Book Festival
• The King’s Coronation celebrations
• Bandstand, Outdoor Theatre, and Cinema Seasons
• Dartford’s Big Day Out
• A packed programme of Festive events and much more.
Apprentice Events Assistant:
• To support and help deliver the council’s events programme
• To support the Events Officer in administering a range of community grant packages
• To promote and champion the role of culture in the borough
• To support on administration activity for the team
• To support the Events Officer in running the Peter Blake Gallery
• To work collaboratively with relevant council colleagues to ensure the delivery of corporate objectives as one team
£177.97 per week
Monday – Friday
37 hours a week
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- General administration
- Competent in MS Office applications
- Good telephone manner
- Hard-working and keen to learn
- Possess a ‘can-do’ mentality
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice's skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carries out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.