Apprentice Business Administrator
- Severn Trent Apprenticeships
- CV1 2LZ, Coventry
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Energy & Utilities, Unspecified
- Role Type
- Start Date
Let's tell you more
Apprenticeship Programmes are a great way to earn and learn! Our Apprentice Business Administrator Programme offers the perfect blend of personal and professional development, exposing you to the core of our business. Entering an apprenticeship scheme with us involves working towards the role of a fully-fledged professional, earning a salary, whilst also being able to maintain a sense of academic achievement. At Severn Trent we provide the perfect mix between hands-on experience and a formal qualification, enabling our apprentices to make a real lasting difference to our customers and communities, not just for now, but far into the future.
You’ll be supported every step of the way, by your line manager and mentor. Working alongside our business administrative team, you’ll contribute to the efficiency of our organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The role may involve working stand-alone or working beside members of your team. Your position will involve developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving administrative services. You’ll develop your strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
Business Administrator(opens in a new window)
Programme duration 18 months excluding EPA Programme level Level 3 Location Coventry, CV1 2LZ Starting salary £17,194 Provider / F2F or Online TBC Entry Criteria
This apprenticeship standard is at Level 3 (equivalent to 2 A-Level qualifications). Should you have not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths at the point of your application, you must achieve this prior to completion of your apprenticeship.
This is the benchmark criteria for the standard. Candidates who haven't achieved, or expecting 3 GCSE minimum grade of 4, will be required to reach a functional skills tests Level 2, by the end of the apprenticeship period.
Typical off scheme role: After you have completed this apprenticeship, you will take up a business administrator role, where you will be able to put your skills to action.
What you will learn
- Through this apprenticeship, you will foster a strong sense of leadership, realise qualities of management and be able to voice your opinion as you gain experience
- You will be taught how to be flexible and problem-solve, communicating with clients, suppliers, and demonstrating project management
- You will develop a large range of skills, such as professionalism and effective decision-making
- How to develop, implement, maintain, and improve administrative services
What we're looking for
We want our employees to care and to have a genuine passion for what we do as a business. We need people who want to make a difference in providing a vital service to our customers, now and for the long-term.
We’d love you to be someone with…
- A ‘can do’ attitude – willing to get stuck in, take accountability for decisions and actions and who takes pride in their work
- A love of variety in a role and ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Ability to quickly prioritise tasks and the initiative to dive head-first into problem solving.
- No two days are the same on the front line and not every day goes to plan, so you’ll need to be quick on your feet to respond!
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and enjoy working with multiple teams
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and effectively communicate this to different team members and audiences
- Curiosity to learn quickly in a reactive and dynamic working environment
How we'll reward and care for you in return
It’s not just a job you’ll get here, you’ll get a career too. We have a range of benefits that reward and recognise great work and award-winning training to ensure you reach your potential. And we’ll also help you play your part in looking after the environment and the community in which we live.
Here’s some of our favourites:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/ sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme (of up to £1,500 per annum based on company performance)
- Leading pension scheme – we will double your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
- Sharesave – the chance to buy Severn Trent Plc shares at a discounted rate
- Dedicated training and development with our ‘Academy’
- Electric vehicle scheme and retail offers
- Family friendly policies
- Two volunteering days per year
As if that isn’t enough, you’ll receive an annual salary increase whilst your on programme and you’ll also get an increase when you move into your first job.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Roles close on 24th March 2023
- Check your diary – assessments will run from 17th Apr – 12th May, over Zoom
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSevernTrent on social media.
Let's cut straight to it
Taking care of ‘one of life’s essentials’ – it’s our purpose and we want you to be part of it. Supplying wholesome drinking water, treating wastewater and recycling this back to the environment responsibly is no mean feat. We serve around 8 million people across the Midlands and Wales and unlike other businesses, our delivery is non-negotiable. It’s a matter of life.
Many of our employees are also our customers, so we truly take pride in what we do! Employing people from across our communities and beyond, Severn Trent is an exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be curious, can be ‘Wonderfully You’ and where you can truly make an impact to our environment, now and for future generations.
Our Apprenticeship Programmes
We offer apprenticeships right across our business. Whether you’re looking hands-on or office-based work, there's something for you.
Our apprenticeships range from 1 to 4 years, and the qualifications you'll get range from level 3 (equal to an A-level), to level 6 (equal to a degree).
We have schemes for everyone. We want to hear from you, no matter what your journey has been like up until this point.
Your ambition is our future, and we can’t wait to see you grow.
2 St Johns Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert