First Line Support Technician Apprentice (Excel Telecom)
- Estio Training
- LS24 9AB, Tadcaster
- £12,000 - £14,000
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday
About the company:
Excel have been providing a comprehensive range of competitively priced and high-quality telecommunication services since 1995, specifically for the UK business sector. As a company they offer quality and efficiency in the delivery of all our services as well as excellent customer service.
The aim is simple: To provide your business with a single supplier solution for all your communication needs and to keep you informed of all the latest technology and services available in a fast-moving market.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice technician with Excel Telecom, a telecoms company based in Tadcaster.
Working alongside the IT and Telephony Helpdesk, you will show an enthusiastic approach to learning IT and Telephony. You will be handling support calls via the Helpdesk system.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answering calls and logging support tickets.
- Handling support tickets from receipt to resolution across our product portfolio.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Monitoring and maintaining Telephone systems and networks.
- Setting up call routing for VoIP along with any new users accounts and profiles.
- Prioritising and managing several open cases / installations at one time.
- Establishing good working relationships with customers, clients and other professionals.
- Liaising with provisioning and operations teams internally and with partners to organise projects.
- Assist in managing escalations as necessary as well as talking to staff & customers to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Good knowledge of technical IT
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Knowledge of setting up IT/telephony equipment, including peripherals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers
- Comfortable with all forms of communication verbal/written/face-to-face
- Clear and strong on the phone Hard working Driven/hungry to succeed Must demonstrate a 'can do attitude' Quick/keen learner Committed to both work and learning
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert