Technical IT Customer Service Advisor Apprentice (Bellcom Communications)
- Estio Training
- CR3 0EL, Whyteleafe
- £12,000 PA
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 8:30am to 5:00pm
About the company:
Bellcom Communications are a one-stop-shop, covering fixed line and mobile telecoms, fixed and mobile broadband, plus I.T. support. As an independent provider they offer totally impartial advice and build bespoke solutions for their clients. They work in partnership with our clients to provide measurable business improvements, cutting through industry jargon and complexity to give the best results.
With over 35 years’ experience, ranging from SME to Corporate and Local Government, Bellcom Communications bridges the gap between the client and the network operators and providers drawing on our in-depth knowledge and experience to obtain the best all round cost effective solutions.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical IT Customer Service Advisor Apprentice with Bellcom Communications, a Telecom Service Provider based in Whyteleafe, Surrey.
The Technical IT Advisor will be supported to provide first line support for all VoIP/Connectivity and other technical related requests to clients. Also you’ll be required to process new sales orders and install and configure Software Applications amongst other duties.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To provide first line support for all VoIP/Connectivity and other technical related requests to clients.
- Processing new sales leads/orders.
- Monitoring customer accounts.
- Set up of VoIP/Connectivity packages, as required.
- To assist with the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of IP phone systems, network equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
- To install and configure software applications.
- Liaison with contractors / suppliers.
- To help produce and maintain statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- Preparation of customer billing in readiness for the accounts department.
- To assist with the upkeep of the various databases/portals.
- To set up, maintain and organise required updates for various connectivity and telephone equipment.
- To be aware of and adhere to the company’s health and safety procedures and associated polices.
- To proactively implement the company’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the company.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A pro-active approach to IT support and customer service.
- A keen interest in technology and IT.
- The ability to work independently using your own initiative as well as when part of a team.
- Good written and spoken communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Be able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to peers, end-users and customers.
- Willing to continually learn and develop your skills.
- Be able to maintain a high degree of customer service for all customer queries and interactions.
- Be organised with an eye for detail.
- Interested in IT but understanding that the role is more telecoms based.
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop yourself in the industry.
- Good communicator.
- Good time keeper.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert