Software Developer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- YO12 5LF, Scarborough
- £14,605 per annum.
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Scarborough Sixth Form are one of the top colleges in the area for student progress and results.
They offer a wide range of courses including A Levels, T Levels, Applied Generals and GCSE's which students can mix and match to create their perfect study programme. In recent years they have added what they offer, with sports academies and a performance academy as well as a strong enrichment programme.
An apprenticeship opportunity is now available.
£14,605 per annum.
- Take and interpret software requirements from staff and students
- Helping staff and students articulate their requirements as a user story
- Write logical and maintainable software solutions
- Using college software design patterns for commonly occurring problems
- Following conventions to format code appropriate to the language being used
- Applying security best practices to the software solution
- Testing software and fixing problems
- Performing testing for the software solution
- Providing support to staff
- Produce and maintain system documentation
What we are looking for:
- Experience of Microsoft Windows operating environment and Microsoft Office packages
- A proven aptitude for software development
- A basic knowledge of coding, database design and web page creation
- A clear understanding of the need to ensure data is secure and recoverable
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Accuracy of work and attention to detail
- Customer care skills
- Passionate about learning and its importance in life
- Having high expectations of self and others
- Honest, open, reflective and self-critical
- Keenness to develop new expertise
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly outside normal working hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Doing ones best, adapting well to change and always seeking to do better
- A supportive team worker
- Treating staff and students fairly and with respect, valuing their diverse contributions
- Fully committed to promoting & safeguarding welfare of children & young people
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Great opportunity to develop and progress
- Enrol all employees into the Local Government Pension Scheme this pension schemes have much higher contribution rates and retirement benefits in comparison to the government NEST scheme
- A minimum of 22 days’ annual leave
- Access to the College gym for one off fee £20
- Totum Card / NUS
- Bupa Cashplan
- Flexible working
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave and pay
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert