1st Line Service Desk Engineer Apprentice (AdEPT Technology Group)
- Estio Training
- RH4 1HJ, Dorking
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 40 Hours Per Week
About the company:
AdEPT Technology Group is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
AdEPT is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, AdEPT is entering a new era - providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore AdEPT is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with AdEPT Technology Group, an IT Services Provider based in Dorking.
The 1st Line Service Desk Engineer works as the first point of client contact within the Support Delivery team. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to topics such as desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will act as the first point of contact for issues raised by both phone or email as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Service Desk Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Supporting the customer – Working on issues raised by clients, understanding the different business needs of the customers and recording all key information to support them. Support can be via phone or email. Adherence to company & client processes to deliver an outstanding experience. Utilising a range of remote access & monitoring tools to troubleshoot issues.
- Achieving SLA targets – Managing your time to prioritise urgent tickets while ensuring all requests meet the contracted SLA.
- Customer Satisfaction - Owning issues through the initial phases of support and keeping the clients informed of all progress with the issue. Working with the clients to ensure a quick and effective resolution to the item raised. Deliver effective communication with all customers including Directors.
- Documentation – Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system aiding effective closure times. Documentation includes client’s infrastructure, e mails, and updating of system to aid the support process and allows other parts of the business to effectively manage the end-to-end process. It is essential that data is accurate recording in Help Desk System to ensure AdEPT can accurately report on services provided, ticket status, and activities undertaken.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing end user support.
- Answering inbound calls from clients.
- Picking up tickets from the level 1 issue board and managing tickets to closure, it is expected that on average upwards of 8-10 plus tickets will be handled within a shift.
- Identify where tools, processes and systems are impacting closure rates.
- Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets with peers and line management.
- Supporting the customer base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers, telephone systems & 3rd party applications.
- Keeping the customer and ticket updated with developments.
- Where required escalating the ticket either within the team or on to the next support level.
- Achieving SLA targets.
- Working within your team to ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA.
- Where tickets are unable to be closed within a call, identify further resolution steps and actioned with the client.
- Monitored activity through various ticket reporting tools.
- You will be expected to meet or exceed customer expectations with regards to the SLA.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the outcome & with their experience of AdEPT.
- You will need to work to achieve the highest standard of response and identify when assistance is required to achieve this.
- When required provide information to the service delivery teams by providing information about ongoing tickets and reports relating to customers history.
- Documentation & Information.
- By providing regular and effective documentation you will help to maintain and effectively monitor a client’s systems and networks.
- Accuracy and detail are key to effective documentation it is expected that all relevant documentation will be completed for each ticket worked.
- Your documentation of an incident will be reviewed when escalating and must provide all relevant information.
- All tickets need to accurate reflect the current status and must be closed out once work activities to address the issue are closed out.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to multitask across open tickets.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Troubleshooting Windows Desktop 7 and above.
- Experience with Exchange online.
- Exposure to Active directory on Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Understanding of PC hardware, accessories & connections.
- Previous experience with a ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting LAN Networks & WIFI.
- 1 Years’ experience on a Help Desk.
- Strong Customer service ethos.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Professional communication skill.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holiday.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Charitable day.
- Specsavers eyecare scheme – free eye test and money towards prescription VDU glasses.
- Focus on training and development and promoting from within.
- Free parking on site.
- Free teas and coffees.
- Free fruit deliveries.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert