Environmental Monitoring Laboratory Technician Apprentice (Level 3)
- Port Clarence, TS2 1UE
- £21,500 per year
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Science / Research
- Engineering & Aerospace
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, School or college leaver, Advanced, Other work and training
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
As an Environmental Monitoring Laboratory Technician apprentice, you will have the opportunity work alongside experts, including the monitoring team, Site manager, HSEQ team and even one of their existing site operations management apprentices. You’ll work in the laboratory performing environmental and sampling activities as set out by your mentor.
- Completion of all monitoring and sampling in accordance with the site’s permits, permissions and associated monitoring action plans
- Occupational health monitoring in relation to dust, VOC’s, asbestos etc.
- Calibration of monitoring equipment and the organisation of regular servicing to maintain accuracy of monitoring data
At Tiro, we make great things happen for people. And that starts with you. In this role you’ll receive:
- Starting salary of £21,500
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workings hours are 40 hours per week (8-4.30pm)
- 1 hour lunch break
- Company pension scheme
- Regular training and CPD opportunities
What could the future look like?
There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for Augean, with potential for the successful applicant to be offered a full-time position working with the business at the end of the apprenticeship.
Through ‘on-the-job’ training you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills to provide competency and responsibility in carrying out testing and to help develop a career in laboratory testing. Not only that but the apprentice will have the opportunity to become a registered Science technician (RSci Tech).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert