Mechatronic Maintenance Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Aldermaston, Reading
- Starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary of £18,300.
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace, Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Mechatronic Maintenance Apprenticeship (Level 3 Advanced)
As a Mechatronic Maintenance Technician at AWE, your role will include servicing, repairing and installing various Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic and Programmable logic control (PLC) systems, all of which are commonly used onsite to support the Machine Tools department and Trials & Test Technology Centre. As a Mechatronic Maintenance Technician within either of these groups, you will be responsible for maintaining equipment within all of our production-related facilities, with the goal of maintaining production and ensuring minimal downtime. These activities may include scheduled and breakdown maintenance on all aspects of engineering within your chosen team, including condition-based monitoring and calibration of the equipment.
As an apprentice you will initially be based within the Skills Academy, where you will develop your basic knowledge and core skills, before progressing on to the onsite aspect of your training. At this point you will start to apply and further develop these core skills in a live working environment. In addition to the practical aspects of your training, you will further your knowledge of mechatronics engineering through academic studies as your work towards the completion of your level 3 technical certificate.
Mechatronics maintenance Technician may appeal to you if you enjoy:
- Understanding how mechanical, electrical, electronic and hydraulic systems work
- Problem solving activities
- Being hands on
- Applying engineering principles into real life scenarios
- Preferable GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- Computer literacy (PC)
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to concentrate for long periods
- A real passion and motivation for this type of work
Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
If you currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering or similar, you should consider applying for a Degree level apprenticeship.
Duration of training: 3 - 4 years (varies depending on personal performance)
Location: You will be based in Aldermaston (close to Reading)
What we offer:
- We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work !
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.
We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we close our applications.
Successful candidates must be available to start on the Apprenticeship Programme in September 2023.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert