Quality Inspector Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Aldermaston, Reading
- Starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary of £18,300.
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace, Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Quality Inspector Apprenticeship (Level 3 Advanced)
As a Quality Inspector at AWE your role will include inspection of various mechanical and electrical components that are used within a production or trials environment, working to process following written procedures and using your knowledge and experience to interpret requirements directly from drawings. These tasks may include the use of first principle measurements using a variety of hand instruments through to computer guided purpose-made precision measurement equipment.
As a Quality apprentice you will initially be based within the Skills Academy, where you will develop your basic knowledge and core skills, before progressing on to the onsite aspect of your training. At this point you will start to apply and further develop these core skills in a live working environment. In addition to the vocational aspects of your training, we will further your knowledge of quality through academic studies as you work towards the completion of your professional qualifications.
Becoming a Quality Inspector may appeal to you if you enjoy:
- Understanding how mechanical and electrical assemblies work
- Understanding how and why the physical properties of a product matter
- Studying how components can be assessed, measured and reported
- Applying engineering principles into real life scenarios
- A practical application to find out about the things around you
- Having a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Preferably GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- PC literate
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Health and safety aware
- Effective at following instructions
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
- Passion and motivation for your chosen profession
Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 1st of September 2023, due to security clearance requirements
If you currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering or similar, you should consider applying for a Degree level apprenticeship.
Duration of training: 3 - 4 years (varies depending on personal performance)
You will be based at Aldermaston (close to Reading)
What we offer:
- We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £18,300
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.
We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we close our applications.
Successful candidates must be available to start on the Apprenticeship Programme in September 2023.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert