Data Processor Technician Apprentice (W8 Data)
- Estio Training
- SO30 2AU, Southampton
- Closing date
- 2 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Level 3 Data Technician
Weekly Hours worked - 37.5 Hours per week
About the company:
Combining technical data skills with over 90 years of combined industry experience, W8Data have an unrivalled knowledge of data and direct mail.
Established in 2005, W8Data work with end-clients, mailing houses, marketing agencies and other service providers across a number of sectors, to improve their most important business asset – data.
W8Data hold in excess of 250 million names for suppression and enhancement purposes.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Technician Apprentice with W8 Data, a database management company based in Southampton.
This role is an exciting opportunity to make your first steps into the world of IT/programming-based work. We are a small but friendly company seeking a new data processing apprentice to join our ever-growing team.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Ensure all procedures are followed.
- Learn the programming languages used in both Cygnus and GMC Inspire Designer.
- Learn to have a working knowledge of HTML and email broadcasts.
- Run free health checks on client data.
- Append DPS & PAF information to data.
- Document Composition and proofing processes using appropriate software packages.
- Provide data processing services including postal sortation.
- Answer the phone and direct calls where necessary.
- Help other members of staff with additional job tasks when requested.
- Run full daily audits on all jobs which have only had a DPS / PAF process.
- Ensure the computer backup procedure is followed and changed daily.
- Manage the hardware store of the company and keep it well organised.
- Work with the Data Processing Manager to ensure the network is secure and operating at optimal performance.
- Setup new equipment as required.
- Install operating systems and other software packages as required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Keen eye for detail.
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to identify innovative ways to improve efficiency and accuracy in their processes.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Manage multiple projects at once.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Data Technician, with training in how to:
- Identify the right data sources for your business to inform decision making.
- Collect, compile and cleanse data accurately and securely.
- Identify, anaylse and interpret data, trends and patterns.
- Produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Store and archive data in line with data protection legislation.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert