IT Technician Apprentice (Server Factory)
- Estio Training
- HP13 5HG, High Wycombe
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours per week
About the company:
Server Factory offers a full range of Supermicro systems including rackmount and tower servers, storage and blade systems, professional workstations and more. Server Factory’s mission is the rapid supply of systems or solutions for your business. Our website enables you to easily find, configure and buy a server or systems: simplifying your order process.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with Server Factory, a Computer Support Company based in Chesham.
Our busy office currently has an opportunity for a professional individual to fill the role of IT Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for working with our integration team to build, test and manage client orders. We are looking for a well-rounded character who can work well within an office environment and deal with pressure for meeting deadlines. This opportunity is for someone who is looking for a start within the I.T industry. This apprenticeship offers an excellent grounding in computer hardware including operating systems, networking, customer support, computer components.
In addition to this apprenticeship, you will also undertake a number of Intel online training modules to further supplement your learning. This role is mainly office based but may require you to travel with or without another team member to client’s facilities to install, fix and troubleshoot systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- System integration build systems to client’s order spec.
- System Testing Validating system/s are in working order by means of software testing.
- Installation and setup of operating system if required.
- Update newly integrated hardware to the latest firmware revisions.
- Configuration of system settings as per client’s instructions.
- Providing telephone and email support for our customers.
- On-site support including installation and troubleshooting of systems.
- Logistics arrange shipment labels and packaging.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A General interest in the I.T sector.
- At least some experience of I.T whether it be professional or hobby based (ideally a basic knowledge of I.T Hardware.
- Good communication skills (Key).
- Good attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Office Excel skills.
- Fast learning ability and time management.
- Some knowledge of Software would be beneficial but not crucial.
- Good timekeeping
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert