Assistant Accountant Apprentice
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Starting Salary £19,000 with Yearly increases
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Accounting, FMCG & Manufacturing
- Role Type
- Start Date
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a exciting and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment?
Do you want to earn whilst you learn?
Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works in partnership to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees?
If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team, you'd like to join … keep reading.
We are looking for an Assistant Accounting Apprentice who will contribute and provide support in the running of a safe and efficient finance function. You will work within clear guidelines to achieve defined outcomes for the business and our customer(s)
The Key Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will include:
- Processing purchase orders, including maintenance of purchase order/procurement log ensuring all DHL Supply Chain procedures are fully adhered to Assist in preparation of periodic and weekly cost reports for both the customer and internal operational management Assist in the production of payroll reports in a timely and accurate manner. Monthly reporting, preparation and posting of Journals and Month End Reconciliations Production and issue of sales invoices in accurate timely manner Assisting with Debt Management
What qualification will you achieve?
During the 18-month apprenticeship you will work to achieve Assistant Accountant Level 3 (AAT)
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels Good IT skills – excel (desirable) Eagerness to Learn Applicants are required to have a GCSE Grade A* - C (9 – 4) or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths . please upload copies of these with your CV. Have the ability to travel to site and hold a full UK driving license at time of start date
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population, you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include 25 days holiday, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review.
In return for your hard work, we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application, along with your prior qualification certificates.
We will ensure that all our resourcing action are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
DHL is passionate to ensure we provide equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation
For any questions regarding the apprenticeship, please contact us: email@example.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert