Level 3 Environmental Health and Safety Technician Apprentice
- Ockendon, Medebridge Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 5TZ
- Starting at £9.18ph before April - rising to £10.18ph after April
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
Salary: £9.18 per hour (£10.18 ph from April 2023) - rising each year plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 45 hours per week (Due to the weekly hours in line with the Working Time Directive, candidates must be 18+ years of age)
Location: Ockendon, Medebridge Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 5TZ
Closing Date: 13th February 2023
*Candidate shortlisting will take place W/C 13th & 20th February and assessment days will take place between W/C 27th February & 6th March.
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who’s just as committed as we are, and wants to take their career in a direction where they can push for genuine change, to take up an exciting landfill aftercare role in our Technical Operations Landfill team. And if you’re passionate, this entry-level role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to start a career where you’re making a difference everyone can see, or just do a good day’s work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
During this Level 3 Environmental Health & Safety programme, we will help you to develop your practical skills and knowledge required for you to succeed in this role as well as your future career. Throughout the 24 - month programme, you will continue to develop your behaviours such as team working, problem-solving and customer focus. Veolia as a business is not only interested in what you accomplish, but the manner you do it.
As well as gaining a broad range of technical and professional knowledge and experience, you’ll also gain academic and vocational qualifications such as certificates in Environmental, Health & Safety.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out aftercare, monitoring and management of water, gas & leachate
- You will get involved with the general maintenance of associated infrastructure
- You will learn and become familiar with site compliance in accordance with Permits, authorisations and Regulations and the Environment Agency requirements
- You will identify, analyse and correct problems (always informing line manager and supervisor if the problem cannot be solved in-house)
- Deliver site inductions, check method statements and risk assessments and carry out contractor monitoring
- Keep your line manager informed about development and help to identify where additional training is needed
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade 4 (C or equivalent) or above/predicted to include Maths, English & Science
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work well individually, as part of a team and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Someone who can complete tasks in a timely and conscientious manner
- Someone who will follow Health and Safety procedures and report any concerns or near misses/accidents
As a part of your online application, you will need to complete gamified assessment challenges before we can consider your application for this position. We promise it's not one of those boring assessments!
If you are successful at the application stage, we’ll invite you to attend a virtual assessment day.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Our promise to you
We know that a genuinely good role goes both ways. So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you’ll get 25 days of holiday plus an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, and a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
Please note that if a high number of quality applications are received, this vacancy may close early. To avoid disappointment, please apply with plenty of time before the stated advert closing date.
Our range of Apprenticeships could be what you’re looking for. From engineering and IT to business administration and finance, with us, you can take that huge first step.
This is a historic moment. Never before has humanity’s future been so closely linked to environmental concerns. Our climate is changing. Natural resources are running out and biodiversity is collapsing.
The climate crisis means we must find radical and meaningful solutions to solve it, and Veolia is leading the drive. Our apprenticeship scheme puts you at the forefront of ecological transformation. Join us for the opportunity to make an impact that will be felt for generations to come.
We want all our apprentices to be able to contribute towards our purpose of protecting the planet’s natural resources while supporting the communities we work in. We understand that university and college aren't for everyone. So, by combining practical on-the-job training and off-the-job learning, our apprenticeships are a great alternative to traditional learning.
- 0800 028 7000
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert