Apprentice Warehouse Operative
- Lifetime Training
- £15k per year
- Closing date
- 21 Feb 2023
- Sales / Customer Service
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
At Howdens you will be working towards a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance of incoming and outgoing stock, complying with the company's health and safety regulations while providing high standards of customer service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
- To unload and check accuracy of all incoming stock deliveries in line with the Health & Safety offloading procedures and company policy
- To carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment in accordance reporting all defects to the Depot Manager
- To maintain a high level of stock security and carry out the required security checks on all outgoing orders and deliveries
- To deal with returns from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way
- To carry out daily/weekly stock checks according to procedure, ensuring an accurate computer stock file
- To understand and comply with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering
- To maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, stock rotation and product group, cleanliness and tidiness.
- To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the depot
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations whilst in the depot
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert