Early Education Apprentice
- Lifetime Training
- £15k per year
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Ark Start is part of Ark, an education charity that exists to make sure that all children, regardless of their background, have access to a great education and real choices in life.
Our nurseries will work in partnership with two Ark schools to provide a home from home where every child feels safe, secure and happy and has access to an excellent early education.
As an apprentice in one of our nurseries, you will work alongside highly qualified and experienced members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment for children age 2 - 5, developing your practical skills in caring for and educating young children. You will benefit from:
- Frequent internally and externally provided training as part of the network of nurseries and schools.
- Weekly coaching and supervision from a qualified teacher.
- Weekly on-site training opportunities.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working individuals who want to join our nurseries and share a commitment to our mission and values.
- Working with colleagues to deliver excellent early education and childcare provision, ensuring that every child's need are met and that they thrive in a safe environment.
- Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues, and internal/external professionals.
- Observing, monitoring, and engaging in children's play activities linked to the EYFS. Activities will support children's language and literacy, art and design, numeracy, and physical development.
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Assisting with food preparation and serving food to children, ensuring special dietary requirements are met.
- Following nursery policies and procedures.
- Promoting the values and high standards of the nursery.
- Keep the setting clean and hygienic.
- Maintaining the outdoor area including gardening and other external work.
- Participate fully in staff training and team meetings.
This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
Ark offer some great benefits which include;
- We are committed to providing the best development for all our staff. We close the nurseries for five days each year to focus on staff training and ensure there is protected time for training and supervision each week for every adult. We work hard to ensure there are clear career progression routes so staff that start with us can continue their career with us.
- 25 days holiday per year, excluding bank holidays.
- 11% pension contributions.
- Above market salaries - we are a real living wage employer for qualified staff.
- Access to Ark Rewards providing discounts of thousands of retail outlets as well as for example free counselling, financial and legal advice and much more through our Employee Assistance Programme.
Successful applicants will need to provide 'right to work in the UK' documentation, undertake a DBS and provide at least two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
At Ark Start, you will be working towards your Early Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship over the course of 18 months.
Please note that this position requires suitable candidates to be 18+.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert