IT Support Technician Apprentice (Alderley PLC)
- Estio Training
- GL12 8JD, Wotton-Under-Edge
- Salary: £10,296 (National Minimum Wage for Apprentices)
- Closing date
- 14 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week.
About the company:
Alderley is the integrated solutions provider for the global energy industry. Our priority is to maximise the value and efficiency of our customers’ energy assets – from concept to operation and beyond. We do this through our integrated energy solutions: advanced digital, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, process and aftermarket solutions to meet the challenges and needs of a global energy system in transition. As an independent solutions provider, it’s our people that make the difference. Our local teams work closely with our customers to understand their needs and deliver the right solution – with the flexibility, integrity and customer service you expect from a family business.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Support Technician with Alderley, an Energy Industry Company based in South Gloucestershire.
The Apprentice IT Support Technician will deliver top quality 1st and 2nd line support to the Alderley Group. Working to agreed service levels, acting as an interface between the technology and the staff. The Apprentice IT Support Technician will need to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the user community through excellent customer service.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support the user community in all IT requirements, whilst meeting agreed services levels and delivering excellent customer service. Management of Hardware and Software – Installing, preparing IT equipment for new staff members, fulfil software/hardware upgrade/installation requests where required. Assisting support team with hands-on local support where required. Complete various technical business driven projects to agreed specification and deadlines as required. Update other team members on project progress and present information for sharing and learning purposes at team meetings. Occasional out of hours and weekend availability to cover operational requirements.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Microsoft Office Suites. Microsoft Operating Systems. Hardware maintenance. General IT/Technical Knowledge. Basic networking knowledge. Ability to follow detailed procedures.
- Effective problem-solver with good analytical & trouble shooting skills. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Motivated self-starter able to organise and work on own initiative. Accountable for own performance and takes pride in own work. Well organised and able to cope with multiple tasks and priorities. Good level of interpersonal skills, polite, tactful and friendly. Committed to a high level of customer service with a genuine interest in working with and helping customers. Flexible and agile worker with integrity and reliability. Patient, resilient and calm under pressure.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert