apprentice chef - wagamama
- Lifetime Training
- £9.50 - 9.50 per hour
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Hospitality & Travel
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
we take pride in our kitchens; maintenance is a priority + we have state-of-the-art equipment. our standards are high. our ingredients are cooked fresh. we serve hot food when it's ready. you'll find no microwaves or heat lamps here. our open kitchens mean you get to interact with our guests spreading positivity from bowl to soul
you don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with asian food before , just a passion for food, a great attitude + a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest!
we have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wokstar!
as a wagamama apprentice line chef, you'll receive some great benefits
- brilliant hourly rate + a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every Friday
- flexible shifts
- free meal on shift
- a clean uniform provided every shift
- christmas day off
- opportunity to gain a national qualification through the apprenticeship
- 30% discount at wagamama + when dining with friends + family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
what you'll do
- depending on the shift you work, you may start as early as 7am or finish as late as midnight
- you'll prepare, cook + present wagamama dishes, following our recipes + specifications
- you'll use fresh ingredients to cook hundreds of dishes for guests every single day
- you'll own one of our four stations - wok, ramen, teppan + fry
- you'll manage a section, ensuring you're set up and ready for service + keeping it clean throughout your shift
- you'll keep our kitchens clean, safe + up to a high standard by following our health + safety procedures and cleaning practices
- you'll work as a team with the other chefs + have each other's backs
- between your daily role responsibilities, you'll complete your apprenticeship in your restaurant, during work hours which includes monthly 1-2-1 facilitated learning sessions with a trainer + weekly independent self-study
- you'll travel to + attend 6 offsite one-day masterclasses at a regional training kitchen venue during your first 12 months
at wagamama, you will be working towards a production chef level 2 apprenticeship qualification over the course of 15 months
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert