Supply Chain Planner Apprenticeship - Accord Healthcare
- Cogent Skills
- Barnstaple, Devon
- £15,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 15 Feb 2023
- Business / Management
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Cogent Skills is working with Accord-UK Ltd to recruit an Apprentice Supply Chain Planner for its busy manufacturing site in Barnstaple, north Devon. The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord-UK Ltd.
Under the supervision of the Planning Team Leader, the Apprentice will use planning software to assist with forecasting demand, scheduling and rota planning, liaising with suppliers, analysing stock data and managing stock control levels.
By the end of the programme, the Apprentice will be able to:
- Perform finite scheduling of internal resources to meet agreed customer service levels, project timelines, maintenance and compliance programmes
- Consider material availability, liaise with colleagues in supply chain, QA/QC, warehouse and operations to generate stable and effective schedules
- Manage and communicate any schedule amendments
- Provide accurate projections of order fulfillment dates, prioritise orders in accordance with due date and / or other criteria
- Challenge operational performance
- Understand and interpret the RCCP models to support procurement and scheduling
- To own & manage MRP/MPS data parameters in ERP & subsidiary planning systems for area of responsibility
- Run MRP process for materials in area accountable for
- Generate, distribute and manage forecasts and orders for materials, components and bought in bulk
- Investigate and resolve supplier invoice and purchase order queries
- Monitor vender delivery performance: communicate and escalate non-conformance to standards set
- Control inventory levels: perform on-going review of safety stock parameters for appropriateness and request approval of any required amendments. Identify and take action on slow and unmoving materials inventory
- Liaise with Pharmaceutical Technology (PT) team to minimise waste created by material changes, identify and communicate effectively dates
- Write and maintain fit for purpose Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & Work Instructions (WIs) and review as required. To follow SOPs & WIs when executing all tasks
- Assimilate and apply training, recognise training needs and request from Line Manager
- Support supply chain colleagues, planning team leader and master production scheduler as required
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on a career in supply chain planning with a leading global company within the life sciences sector.
ABOUT ACCORD HEALTHCARE
Accord Healthcare is a fast-growing global pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and distributes generic, biosimilar and added-value medicines in over 85 countries worldwide, helping to improve access for patients to essential pharmaceutical care at the point of need.
Accord’s portfolio spans across critical therapeutic fields such as oncology, cardiology, neurology, psychiatry, diabetes, pain management and gastroenterology
By challenging the status quo and directly addressing unmet clinical and societal needs, Accord continuously strives to make things better by delivering high quality medicines to patients, quickly, economically, reliably and with great innovation.
As one of the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the UK & Ireland, we have an extensive supply chain through its two UK based manufacturing sites and the largest manufacturer-owned warehousing & distribution centre in the UK.
Our employees foster our enduring reputation for quality and integrity, supporting our primary goal of helping to ensure patients receive the medicines they need, when they need them, with patient well-being at the centre of everything we do.
We believe in creating a culture that ‘achieves’. To support this, we are looking to build an inclusive company that attracts and retains key talent by investing in training and development, tailored to an individual’s needs. We are looking for the best and brightest technical minds in pharmaceutical development, manufacture and distribution, as well as sharp, forward-thinking business professionals, to work for Accord Healthcare.
We offer opportunities for people who are looking for professional growth, to learn and develop their careers.
- Excellent communication, organisational skills and time management
- Ability to set priorities and deadlines
- Committed to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers and maintaining effective customer relationships
- Good numeracy, literacy and analytical skills with good problem-solving abilities
- Intermediate level MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint skills and the ability to learn and understand planning software systems and tools
- Ability to approach problems in a logical manner
- Diligence, accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Able to constructively challenge
- High degree of personal pride and integrity
- Positive attitude, flexible, adaptable and resilient to change
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 3 Supply Chain Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard to be delivered by Trans Plant Mastertrain Ltd. Delivery model is Blended learning – virtual delivery via MS Teams plus regular onsite visits every 8-12 weeks
This role is part of our talent planning for the future and, for the right person, we are looking to continue to develop the Apprentice upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Our business is growing, is fast paced and evolving so there may be the opportunity to gain permanent employment in the team as a Supply Chain Planner, subject to performance, successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and a role being available.
THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED
Cogent Skills is managing the recruitment process in partnership with Accord Healthcare Ltd. To ensure fairness and equality of opportunity all applications must be made by completing the application on the Cogent Skills Apprenticeship portal.
The successful candidate will be employed by Cogent Skills Services but will undertake all on-job learning with Accord Healthcare at its manufacturing site in Barnstaple. There will be no requirement for remote or shift working.
Please ensure that you currently live within, or can relocate to, a commutable distance of the site/training provider.
Due to the part-time nature of the study, you must be able to demonstrate a responsible and mature attitude to your study and work-based activities. Study time will form part of your working week.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert