Business Analyst Level 4 Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- SL5 9FE, Ascot
- £15,000 - £22,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
JPC Capital Investment Group was founded in 2016. It was founded on the basis of making strategic and logical investments based on simple core business principles. JPC currently operates a diversified portfolio of companies within the UK ranging from engineering, finance & property.
Our aim is to build one of the largest private investment groups in the UK by investing into well established businesses with exceptional management and a track record of profitability to create long-term sustainable growth. We believe in creating opportunity and employment for others so will continue to grow our existing businesses long into the future.
The Business Analyst Apprentice will analyse what is required in business processes, through requirements elicitation, solutions identification, risk analysis and collaboration across teams using Agile methodologies.
You will be constantly presented with new problems to solve and play an integral role in helping the organisation to meet its goals, improve systems and enable more accurate and educated decision making.
You can expect development in the following areas:
- Work with management to study and model business processes and operating procedures to reduce or eliminate inefficiencies, reduce costs, and improve our clients' competitive edge.
- Discover, critically assess, and provide imaginative outcomes for user needs.
- Navigate the complexities of stakeholder management, justification of analysis and delivering appropriate information.
Principal accountabilities: [you will:]
- Support the Lead Agile Business Analyst and Business Analyst team.
- Be supported by your line manager and assigned project team.
- Develop documents for IT applications, system specifications and test plans, according to existing standards and Agile methodologies.
- Elicit the requirements needed to carry out business processes including interviews, intelligence analysis and survey assessments by working closely with product owner and business users to develop high-level storyboard.
- Translate business needs, processes and procedures into a workable system, and articulate on specific software requirements by communicating requirements with technology experts and business stakeholders.
- Work closely with business architects and other technology staff during daily stand-ups to deliver project results while implementing risk analysis and meeting required deliverables.
Technical/ professional knowledge & skills competency:
- Good observation skills and willingness to learn
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication and collaborative skills
- Independent and can work across different teams
The right attitude for this role is more important than technical / analytical capabilities – enthusiasm, an open, customer-focused approach, and an ability to think critically and creatively about how to solve key problems will support the achievement of the JM strategy through digital projects.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- Level 3 Qualification + at least 12 months of work experience* + robust onboarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before signing up)
- OR business-related degree e.g: business, finance, economics, maths, etc.
- OR non-business-related degree + at least 6 months of work experience*
- OR existing staff member with 2+ years of work experience**
*Work experience relates to any valid work experience.
**Existing staff work experience should not be in a business analyst role.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
£15,000 per annum, with opportunities to increase to £22,000, depending on skills and experience.
After probation, your salary will be increased depending on performance.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert