Data Analyst Apprentice (Great Rail Journeys)
- Estio Training
- YO1 6JT, York
- Circa £21,000
- Closing date
- 27 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 4 Data Analyst
Weekly hours worked - 37.5 hours per week
About the company:
Great Rail Journeys is the UK’s leading provider of holidays by rail, offering escorted tours, river cruises and tailormade holidays to over 40 countries across the world. With five decades of experience, we are experts in showcasing the beauty and diversity of the destinations we travel to, taking people to places only rail can reach. We take over 50,000 customers on holiday each year and are fantastically proud of our high-quality tours, that we know customers love. We care passionately about customers, understand the small touches and attention to detail that make a holiday special, alongside the knowledge and experience to navigate the world by rail. We employ 120 people, based in the City of York, within our new flag-ship offices in the Hudson Quarter, directly opposite York railway station.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Apprentice with Great Rail Journeys, a luxury rail travel tour operator based in York directly opposite the train station. To ensure you have a good level of support, this is an office-based role.
In this role you will maintain and evolve a robust and scalable business intelligence architecture that is capable of delivering accurate, automated and insightful reporting to the Commercial teams, driving growth by facilitating data driven decisions.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
You will be accountable for:
- The creation and maintenance of cloud-based data pipelines extracting and transforming data from a variety of source systems. Build on the existing suite of semantic models to ensure the business representation of data remains accurate and complete while protecting the single version of the truth. Authorship of scalable, automated and robust reports and dashboards defined in partnership with the Commercial teams.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Identify, design and implement data curation processes using data pipelines and automation to ingest, cleanse and merge different data types.
- Work with different types of data from structured first-party data to unstructured third-party marketing data. Design and build scalable, flexible data architectures within the cloud.
- Provide support and maintenance for the PowerBI data platform (data flows, models, pipelines, the ETL) etc.
- Be the MIS subject matter expert on MIS data, models, relationships, and structures.
- Liaise with colleagues to understand their business requirements, data assets and analytic reporting needs. Produce meaningful, accurate visualisations that bring your data to life and can be easily understood by others. Help drive a data-driven culture across the organisation.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience using Excel as an analytical tool within a business setting.
- Microsoft PowerBI or other BI tooling.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R.
- An interest in statistical analytical techniques.
- An ability to identify errors, troubleshoot complex systems and fix issues at source.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A tenacious approach.
- Strong curiosity.
- High level of commitment.
- Strong desire to learn.
This is a permanent position upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Data Analyst, with training in how to:
- Ascertain how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
- Gather, inspect, cleanse, transform and model data to identify patterns and trends.
- Present data and produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Use advanced theory and diverse techniques to harness greater understanding.
- Inform decision-making and make recommendations using an evidence-based approach.
- Ensure your business processes and procedures are compliant with data protection legislation.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert