Data Technician Apprentice (RKW Ltd)
- Estio Training
- ST4 2NL, Stoke-on-Trent
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Data Technician
Weekly Hours Worked - 40 hours per week.
About the company:
RKW is the trading division of Sutton Venture Group. Established in 1989 we are Europe's leading distributor and manufacturer of small domestic appliances and housewares products.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Hong Kong, China, India and Taiwan, we design, develop and distribute top brand products that offer exceptional quality and unbeatable value. Offering unrivalled customer service, our reputation has spread across Europe and continues to grow worldwide. We have built strong partnerships with over 5000 retailers around the globe, spanning department stores, supermarkets, garden centres and independents.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data technician with RKW, a retail company based in Stoke-on-Trent.
Due to the massive growth and success over the year we have are looking to expand our teams by offering multiple roles to our data technician team and are looking for full-time engineers to help both support our existing on-prem systems and work on their replacement cloud-based enterprise level systems. You must be up to the challenge and open minded to learning new tech.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing support to our key Business stakeholders, resolving their problems either through corrective action or provision of suitable information or escalating their issues.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Working with our key suppliers and vendors, ensuring that RKW is seen as the preferred business partner through our EDI systems.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Take on some other IT related duties as required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Required Abilities, Knowledge and Attributes:
Essential (or willingness to learn)
- Excellent computer skills, you must love all things I.T.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible and yet organised and structured approach to all aspects of work.
- Genuine interest in helping people.
- Shift-based 6am-2.30pmM8.30am-5pm. Monday – Friday.
- Location rotating across sites in Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent and Stone.
- This rota is subject to change in the future as the needs of the business develops. Out of hours’ support will also be required on a rota system.
- Staff Discount on Products.
- On-site Free Parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Company Events.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Data Technician, with training in how to:
- Identify the right data sources for your business to inform decision making.
- Collect, compile and cleanse data accurately and securely.
- Identify, anaylse and interpret data, trends and patterns.
- Produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Store and archive data in line with data protection legislation.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert