IT Support Apprentice (St Luke’s Hospice)
- Estio Training
- PL9 9XA, Plymouth
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician- Support
About the company:
Our vision is a community where no person has to die alone, in pain or in distress. You will support us to do this as a member of our effective IT Team delivering all IT services across St Luke’s Hospice, Rowcroft Hospice and St Richards Hospice in collaboration with the wider healthcare partnership in Devon.
St Luke’s Hospice serves the people of South Devon by providing specialist care to patients with progressive, life limiting illnesses. The successful candidate will work in the IT department, who provide a broad range of IT services to staff, volunteers, patients, and visitors.
St Luke’s Hospice Values: Professionalism, Respect, Compassion, Integrity
Brief job description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communications Technician to join the St Luke’s IT Team delivering all IT services across St Luke’s Hospice and other partnering Hospices, and in collaboration with the wider healthcare partnership
Are you thinking of a career change into IT or looking for your first role?
Are you as passionate about helping people as you are about technology?
If the answer is ‘yes’, then joining our friendly team as Information Communications Technician Apprentice is a fantastic way to embrace both and get your IT career off to a flying start!
This is a brand new apprenticeship opportunity – a chance to not only develop your technical and problem-solving skills, but gain valuable customer service experience too, working with one of the region’s most respected, innovative and best loved charities.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, highly skilled team delivering a broad range of IT services across St Luke’s and our partner hospices, and in collaboration with the wider healthcare partnership.
Responding to calls from colleagues means that one minute you could be talking to a nurse phoning you from a patient’s home, the next a fundraiser in the office and then a manager from a charity shop. You’ll also be responding to requests from patients and families, as well as suppliers and healthcare partners. There’s never a dull moment!
You’ll need to be someone who stays calm and professional under pressure, answering calls and prioritising tasks, identifying which IT-related issues you can handle as well as those that need escalating to a colleague with more specialist knowledge. You’ll ensure high standards of customer service, keeping stakeholders informed of progress throughout so that they feel reassured the solution is on the way.
Of course, we don’t expect you to be able to do all this straightaway – we’ll get to know you and support you every step of the way as you develop the skills you need to thrive in the role and beyond.
St Luke’s is an employer of choice, so you’ll receive an attractive employment package, including 35 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays) and membership of a cashback health plan.
If you have a thirst for learning, and what you’ve read here excites you, we’d love to hear from you!
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
We have a clear business and IT strategy which defines and shapes our programme of change for the future and the culture to optimise the use of IT for maximum benefit to the hospice, our patients, family, friends, supporters, staff, and other valued stakeholders.
Delivering a best-in-class customer experience for everyone
- Answer telephone calls, emails, portal requests and other enquiries in a prompt and professional manner, recording key and noteworthy information
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support, ensuring that IT incidents are promptly actioned and resolved against agreed service levels
Supporting resilient services
- Apply technical skills to resolve 1st and 2nd line technical issues
Building ‘One Team’
- Work across hospice teams in a seamless and integrated way, leveraging technology to maintain clear working priorities and attending on site, where required
- Work closely with managers and colleagues to understand changing business priorities, required IT service levels and emerging technology needs
- Support the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures covering all IT Service Operation disciplines and others are required
- Communicate in a timely manner through multiple channels with users, patients, family, friends, suppliers and partners on the progress and actions taken and planned to resolve any support related activities
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Qualification in computing or technology-related disciplines Experience in repairing or upgrading desktop PCs or laptops Experience in setting up a computer network or configuring and managing an existing LAN Experience of using computers and other technology peripherals in education, at home and in other settings, which differentiates you from other peers
- Professional telephone manner with good communications across all written mediums and other channels A willingness to develop knowledge in application, network, and hardware support Organised and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications Enthusiasm for learning and documenting information, investigation and experiences. Ability to use own initiative as well as ability to work as part of a team Ability to be flexible and cope under pressure and prioritise work efficiently
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert