School IT Technician Apprentice
- Harris Invictus Academy, CR0 1LH
- £16,000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Public Sector / Government, Technology
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, School or college leaver, Advanced, Other work and training
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Harris Invictus Academy
This opportunity will allow you to develop, through study and “on the job” experience, the knowledge, and skills necessary to be a valuable School IT Technician and in doing so support our efforts to deliver an outstanding IT support service to our Staff and Students.
Based at the school, no two days are the same as an IT support technician. Under the instruction and guidance of the IT Learning Manager you’ll spend time between supporting school users to meet the academic, pastoral, and administration needs and the installation and maintenance of required software. Other responsibilities could include:
- Incident, Request and Problem Management
- Ensure that all IT Support needs are logged correctly on the Service Management system.
- Re-route or escalate IT support tickets to the appropriate team or person
- Assist, where appropriate, in efforts to resolve IT support tickets within the SLA.
- Identify recurring IT incidents and research potential root causes to the underlying problem.
- Keep the Academy staff informed about the status of their support ticket(s). Notify the local IT Staff upon detection of a major incident affecting the operation of services.
- Maintain Windows 10 based PCs, Laptops, Tablets and Apple IOS devices.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer peripheral equipment e.g. multi-functional printers, Interactive whiteboards (IWB’s) and Projectors.
- Installing & upgrading new software, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations.
- Prepare conference / meeting rooms with related IT and Audio-Visual equipment needed for the meeting.
At Tiro, we make great things happen for people. And that starts with you. In this role you’ll receive:
- Starting salary of £16k (please note this is a full-time role, with holiday expected to be taken during school holidays, with minor exceptions)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workings hours are 37.5 hours per week (8 – 4, Mon – Fri) 30 min lunch break.
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Regular training and CPD opportunities
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 18 months, you’ll devote a minimum of 6 hours of your working week on ‘off the job’ training. This can include theory training (for example, virtual lessons & online learning), alongside practical training (for example shadowing, mentoring, & time spent writing assignments. Together this will count towards a Level 3 information communication technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Harris Invictus Academy who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert