Sport & Leisure Apprentice
- Lifetime Training
- £200 per week
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
This apprenticeship is a great introduction to the leisure industry, providing help and support to the Pelican Centre's members and the staff team.
In this role you will be required to:
1. To ensure the safe preparation and control of all facilities, e.g. changing rooms, swimming pools, and the erection of sports and other ancillary equipment.
2. Safety and control of customers in accordance with the 'Code of Conduct' and other relevant guidelines, policies and procedures as provided, to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities in wet and dry areas.
3. To undertake general cleaning duties in accordance with the Centre's cleaning schedule and ensure that the standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
4. To positively promote the image of the organisation and provide a welcoming and friendly environment for customers.
5. To work at all time in a manner that will ensure their own personal safety and that of others, ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety standards, i.e COSHH, Risk Assessments and reporting of identified hazards.
6. To give assistance to customers seeking advice and information.
7. To support the Pelican centre Learn to Swim Programme and the various activities undertaken by the Pelican Centre
You will be organised, self-motivated and keen to start a career in fitness and leisure
As an apprentice with the Pelican Centre, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert