IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- B79 7XH, Tamworth
- £12,000 - £15,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Blue Footprint started in 2005 in the cathedral city of Lichfield as a partnership between a computer repair shop and a software development company.
Since then, they've evolved into an established IT support company and managed service provider to small and medium sized organisations across the UK.
Having grown organically through customer referrals, Blue Footprint put this down success down to their strong customer focussed, friendly approach.
The long serving team with a combined industry experience of 70 plus years are the heart of their company and their enthusiasm for technology has never dulled. Blue Footprint enjoy nothing more than providing innovative services and solutions that have tangible benefits to their customers.
The number one goal of everyone in our team is to make their Clients exceptionally happy. The IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice plays an important role in making sure that happens.
The IT Helpdesk Engineer apprentice handles the first level support requests that come in from the Clients.
They are the first to touch a helpdesk ticket and make sure that the issued is handled quickly and the Client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
When help is needed, the IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice can get help from or escalate issues to other members in Service Delivery Team.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Providing a first point of contact for customers through the helpdesk, be that via phone, email or ticket
- Delight clients with a friendly, quick and helpful experience
- Provide basic remote troubleshooting
- Use the Ticketing System to work on and resolve Helpdesk Tickets & Service Requests
- Make sure that Client Documentation is well maintained
- Split tickets that have several issues into their own individual ticket
- Make sure that tickets aren’t “stale” throughout the process
- From time to time, the projects team will need additional resource to help deliver projects either on site or remotely. When opportunities arise, you may be required to help with project delivery
- Escalate tickets that require Senior Helpdesk Engineer support
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Identify, communicate and mitigate potential risks to the Service Delivery Manager and Clients
- Follow the schedule provided by the Service Delivery Manager
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for daily / weekly recurring tasks
- Undertake other duties as required by the Service Delivery Manager
Skills & Attributes:
- A love of (and ability to) solve problems & challenges
- Strong understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- Knowledge of IT Applications, Software & Hardware
- The ability to speak both Geek and English
- IT literate – Advanced user level
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing client experience
- The ability to keep up with & adapt to the fast-paced IT world
Preferred, not essential:
- Experience using a Ticketing system / RMM Tool and PSA software
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Experience handling Technical Service Tickets
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft 365 Platform
- Experience working either on a Helpdesk or for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT Support Business
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
40 per week.
£12,000 - £15,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert