IT Service Desk Apprentice (Peel Hunt LLP)
- Estio Training
- London (City of), London (Greater)
- £19,000 PA
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
About the company:
Peel Hunt - A leading UK investment bank. We combine expert research and distribution, a range of investment banking services and an execution services hub that provides liquidity to UK capital markets.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Service Desk Apprentice with Peel Hunt LLP, working under the Service Desk Analysts who provide technical support and administration for all internal end-user software, hardware, and connectivity.
This is a fast-paced and varied role for an IT Service Desk Apprentice. Providing front line support for different areas across the business, in person and across digital platforms such as email queries. Build effective relationships with stakeholders in the business and use strong to communication skills to maintain said relations.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide front line user support for all Peel Hunt’s internal, and third-party tools, and technologies.
- Answer support queries via telephone, email, and in person
- Identify, diagnose, research, track, and resolve technical issues within current product offerings while also investing in next generation products and services.
- Contribute to a team of high-performing technologists that is focused on developing and improving the experience and products offered across the firm.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to set deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems and productivity software Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find solutions to difficult or complex issues. Analysing issues, difficulties and opportunities against each potential course of action, evaluating the constraints and risks in order to select the most systematic, workable and rational solution.
- Stakeholder Focus - Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders, consulting with, listening to and understanding the needs of our customers and others who are impacted by our business. Using this knowledge to shape the way we do business and to manage expectations and requirements.
- Technical Expertise - Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains and develops technical knowledge keeping abreast of industry, legal or regulatory changes.
- Communication - The ability to convey information, ideas and arguments effectively and efficiently to facilitate sharing of information between people both in written and verbal form.
- Teamwork - The ability to work with others towards a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and recognition, and using individual capabilities to contribute to the success of the team.
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage. Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components. Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance. Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards. Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert