IT Support Apprentice (Birak IT)
- Estio Training
- SO18 3PH, Southampton
- £5.29 per hour (plus expenses and scope to increase)
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am to 5:00pm
About the company:
Birak IT is an IT business designed to help start-ups and small businesses in Hampshire. They aren’t focused on global domination, they’re focused on bringing the best IT systems at small business budgets. They have packages that don't tie their customer into 5 year agreements, and they pride themselves on reliable IT systems and going the extra mile.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Engineer with Birak IT, an IT business based near Southampton.
As an IT Support Engineer you will be joining a young business that is changing the way IT support is provided in the south of England. As an early employee to the business you will benefit from great exposure to help you push your skill set to the limit.
They are proud of our strong client relationships with a high focus on delivering quality service. Your role will be to oversee all aspects of operations and gel the growing team to make this the best IT Support company in Hampshire.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Be involved in the day to day running and management of the IT helpdesk.
- Provision and maintain managed services.
- Create and resolve IT support tickets for customers.
- Resolve 2nd and 3rd line IT support requests.
- Resolve 2nd and 3rd line server related issues.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance tasks for servers and workstations remotely.
- Manage projects relating to experience.
- Provide IT support out of hours for project work.
- Working with teams to streamline processes for the business and to our customers.
- Aid future team members with our documentation as we process tasks/projects to maximise efficiencies.
- Strong financial acumen and be able to execute and deliver on sales & budgets.
- Administration tasks around back end office and help with lead generation.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ideally good knowledge of hardware and software
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks is beneficial.
- Some experience with Mac systems is beneficial.
- Interest in new technology such as latest Graphics/CPU hardware.
- Friendly and welcoming with excellent customer care ability.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to listen to feedback and problem solve.
- Driving license and car is necessary.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- Be able to think on your feet in order to solve problems.
- Focus on attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Tidy and Self Disciplined.
- Detailed orientated and passionate about service quality.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert