Degree Apprentice Software Engineer
- Estio Training
- DA3 8NG, Longfield
- £20,000 PA
- Closing date
- 7 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Level 6 Digital Technology Solutions
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 8:45am – 5:15pm
About the company:
MotorSport Vision (MSV) is a motorsport organisation and an operator of six UK racing venues, including Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and others both nationally and internationally. MSV has a portfolio ranging from major two- and four-wheel championships to organising the PalmerSport corporate driving event.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Degree Apprentice Software Engineer with MotorSport Vision, a motorsport organisation based in Northwest Kent.
MSV are looking for an Apprentice Software Engineer to join their growing IT team - the UK's foremost race circuit operator. MSV own and operate six world-class venues, including Brands Hatch and Donington Park, plus a number of related motorsport businesses, such as the British Superbike Championship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to take the next step in their career and become part of the driving force behind a variety of exciting projects. As the Apprentice Software Engineer you will be continually learning and mastering new technologies, with a primary focus on back-end work. A small proportion of front-end work will also be involved, giving you full-stack exposure.
You will be an integral part of the IT team and will be expected to contribute to technical discussions, designs and decision-making within a forward-thinking, inspiring and creative working environment. Alongside the role you'll be completing a Level 6 BSc Digital Technology Solutions Degree (Apprenticeship) with a focus towards Software Engineering.
You will be involved with projects across all areas of the business, from e-commerce sites to bespoke applications for motor racing teams.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To provide technical assistance, detailed planning and full execution of software projects to meet deadlines.
- To work closely with senior management to understand business requirements.
- Write and review code for various software applications.
- Deliver rich and interactive user experiences.
- Assist in the running of functionality tests and debug code.
- Assist in providing detailed software documentation.
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews.
- Demonstrate a passion for technology, constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new techniques and keeping abreast of market developments.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of working within a software environment either professionally or via courses.
- Previous C# .net backend development experience (asp.net core would be ideal)
- Good knowledge of SQL. experience with MS-SQL would be beneficial.
- Driving license and access to a car, as public transport is few and far between.
- Hungry to carve out a career in Software Development.
- A positive attitude – You can be taught how to do a job, but not how to have a hungry and enthusiastic mindset.
- An interest in motorsport would be beneficial but not essential.
- Social skills and a good communicator, it’s a family feel with lots of social activities and humour going round the office, so someone that can fit in to the culture is necessary.
Perks & Benefits:
- MSV branded uniform.
- Free ticket to events, including a plus one.
- Opportunities to travel to other MSV owned sites where necessary.
- Company social activities.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position. After the apprenticeship has finished, the role will potentially be offered at a 42.5 contract with the pay being increased pro rota, with the new hours being 08:30 – 17:30 with a one hour lunch break.
Training to be provided:
Estio/BPP apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship
We are an IT and Digital apprenticeship provider, specialising in bringing high quality training to digital apprenticeships across England. We offer level 3 and 4 apprenticeships in IT, Software Development, Software Testing, Cyber Security, Data Analysis, Digital Marketing and Business Analysis.
We bring people together: we partner with employers to create digital apprenticeship opportunities, and work hard to find the talent to fill these roles.
We bring new skills to the nation: our trainers have all worked within the industry, so they’re the best people to transfer the skills you need.
We help you start your dream career: our digital apprenticeships provide you with the skills and qualifications, as well as the experience, you’ll need to kickstart your career in an industry you love
- 01133 500 333
2 New Lane
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert