Apprentice Software Developer
Who you'll work for:
You will be reporting to the ICT Systems Manager. It's preferable you have some previous experience of programming. And whilst already having the necessary skills are desirable this must be matched with your attitude to work and learning and your ability to deliver excellent service are more important to us at this stage in your development. We know that with this approach, your technical skills will be honed and added to throughout the programme.
As an Apprentice Software Developer, your job includes:
- Create PowerShell scripts to assist with the implementation, configuration and maintenance of internal systems
- Help with the maintenance of our member websites built using AngularJS
- Assist with the implementation and configuration of a Microsoft Azure environment
- Assist with the creation of MI reports and dashboards from various data sources including SQL, CRM, ERP
- Set up applications and VMs as well as install new software and upgrades including the use of Microsoft cloud technologies like Azure and Office365
- Understanding of relational databases
- Able to remain calm and patient when users are frustrated or have difficulty communicating
- Committed to achieving accuracy and meeting targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- A can do approach
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
You'll need at least five GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.Future prospects By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 24 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation. Things to consider 28 days annual leave, flexi-time, Social Housing Pension Scheme - defined contribution scheme if eligible, non-contributory accident and sickness cover, optional private medical insurance, on site free parking. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.