Apprentice Care Assistant
- Inspiro Learning
- Colchester, Essex
- £152.10 (weekly)
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Health & Social Care
- Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Science, Public Sector / Government
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Anchor are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Care Assistant. If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this might be just the job for you!
As an apprentice you will learn to;
- Enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care.
- Promote choice to clients in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead.
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times.
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate.
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate.
- Record accurate and legible documentation.
- Deliver a care plan.
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse.
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met.
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period you will;
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans.
- Learn about Health and safety in the workplace.
- Complete all Statutory and Mandatory Training.
- Care Certificate 15 standards.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship..
- You will receive onsite training with a training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.76 after 6 months and £9.50 after 12 months until the end of your apprenticeship contract. As part of your apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from social care and hospitality to retail and automotive and lots in-between. While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements and strategy — it all starts with your needs.
- 0800 731 8199
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert