Industrial Refrigeration Engineering Apprenticeship Programme
- Star Refrigeration
- £14,460 per annum increasing in 6 monthly increments to £27,720 upon graduation + excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 24 months+
Star Apprenticeship Programme
Apprenticeships have always played an important role in Star, with 25% of our current management team having joined the company as an apprentice or trainee. The company take on a group of apprentices each year based throughout the UK, the apprentices will combine academic learning with on-site work based learning from our experienced engineering teams. The apprenticeships last between 3 and 4 years and successful apprentices will be offered permanent employment as Refrigeration Engineers with progression opportunities through our engineer grading system as well as scope for development into other areas of the business.
What will I learn?
- Service, maintenance and installation of refrigeration systems and components
- Health and Safety and environmental legislation and working practices
- Fault diagnosis and rectification through root cause analysis
- Safe handling of refrigerants (including ammonia and CO2)
- Electrical systems Communication and customer care
What you need to be a Star Apprentice:
- An interest in a career in Engineering
- You would like to learn about refrigeration
- You are hardworking
- You have 4 GCSEs, grades A-C including English, Maths and at least one Science subject or Scottish equivalent (Intermediate 2/National 5s).
Industry Leading Salary
The starting salary for this role is £14,460 increasing in 6 monthly increments to £27,720 upon graduation. As a fully qualified engineer, salaries range from £33,500 - £63,000 depending on competence-based grading structure.
Our benefits package includes:
- Company Car (choice of car or van) 35 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Private Medical insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Pension: 8% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions with company top up based on the level of AVC’s
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Annual company profitability bonus
- Employee Milestone bonus, including increased holiday entitlement
- Cycle to Work and Electric Vehicle Leasing salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phoneline offering practical support and access to counsellors
With the UK facing a shortage of skilled refrigeration engineers, you’ll have a future-proof career with unrivalled opportunities, highly sought after by employers. On graduation, successful apprentices will be offered permanent employment as an Industrial Refrigeration Engineer with further progression opportunities available through Star’s engineering grading system. There is also scope for development into other areas of the business as well as access to further education programmes.
About Star Refrigeration
Star Refrigeration is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert