Project Manager Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- BH12 1YT, Poole
- £26,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Apprentice Project Manager (ST0310)
Salary: £26k (with increases after year 1 and year 2 of apprenticeship programme)
At SGN, we are recruiting for our latest Apprenticeship openings – offering plenty of opportunities for training, progression, and a career in the energy industry!
We are looking for Apprentice Project Managers to join our team! We provide specialised learning and development programs, providing you with access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our industry.
This Apprenticeship will involve working with our contract partners and direct labour teams to ensure engineering works are being delivered in a safe, efficient, and compliant manner. You will also manage replacement projects to ensure they are delivered safely on time, and within budget. You will work towards the successful completion of all your academic modules and assignments in support of the Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship (ST0310).
Day to day responsibilities will include…
- Management of contract partners and direct labour workforce, delivering a safety audit schedule, and ensuring compliance
- Tracking and managing key measures within replacement, ensuring targets are achieved
- Daily management of contractor partner’s payment submissions
- Liaising with external stakeholders, for example highway Authorities, other Utilities, and members of the public to exchange information, maintain positive working relationships, and enhance SGN’s reputation
- Managing customer complaints to a successful conclusion
- Providing on-the-job support whilst being a role model for standards of personal and process safety
- Ensuring that all projects are managed via SGN’s project control process and are completed on time and within budget
- Ensuring variations are verified, agreed, and submitted before works are undertaken
- Supplying detailed KPI information for bi-monthly performance reviews with the Engineering Manager, and executing reporting processes
- Deputise for Engineering Manager, where required
This Apprenticeship opportunity will suit someone who is motivated, with a desire to develop a career in the energy industry, and who will embrace innovation to implement new technology!
What else will you need?
- 5 x GCSE grades A-C, including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- 2 x A Levels A-C in English and Maths or the equivalent being a Level 3 qualification or 48 UCAS points
- Ability to commit to 2 years of training and education
- Flexibility to participate in any standby or rota patterns, as required
- Safety awareness, when working alone or as part of a team, and ability to think on your feet
- Problem solving and analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- Full valid UK driving license (If you cannot drive already, you will be expected to pass your test within 6 – 12 months of joining us)
What’s in it for you?
- Job security with plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint, and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information, or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert