Duration of Apprenticeship:
Finance Officer apprentice with Philharmonia Limited
• Recording invoices, expense claims, company credit cards, petty cash transactions (sterling and foreign currency) onto the Navision system.
• Checking the authorisation process for the above has been followed.
• Managing the payment process for the above on a fortnightly basis
• Managing the sterling and currency petty cash accounts.
• Preparing and importing daily transactions to the finance system.
• Reconciling the charity’s bank account on a monthly basis.
Control account reconciliations:
Assisting in the monthly reconciliation of key control accounts including trade creditors and credit cards.
• Undertaking key tasks as directed by the financial controller
• Undertaking such other duties as the Company may reasonably require
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
7-9 at Maths GCSE, ideally post A level with grades in business related subjects A-C
Personal Qualities & Skills:
• Have experience in processing purchase ledger transactions in an unsupervised capacity.
• Have experience in managing purchase ledger queries both internally and externally.
• Have experience in preparing supplier payment runs.
• Have experience in managing petty cash accounts.
• Have experience in managing banking transactions.
• Have experience in preparing and completing bank reconciliations in the month end process.
• Understanding of key financial processes e.g. invoice processing, banking
• Organised and Methodical
• Intermediate excel and other MS office programmes
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Organised and efficient
• A flexible and hard working attitude
• Enthusiasm to be enrolled on a fully funded apprenticeship scheme with BPP
This would be an 18 month contract role suitable for AAT level 3 work patterns.
Beyond this there is a significant jump to the next level of finance business partner which would require a minimum of 3 years experience and further qualifications (eg, part qualified ACCA).
Therefore there would be no room for further progression in the finance department beyond the 18 month contract.