Higher Apprenticeship Professional Management
Aggregate Industries Higher Apprenticeship offers numerous structured development paths in one of the following areas : Asphalt, Aggregates, Cement, Concrete, Contracting and Technical. During the Apprenticeship you will complete a Foundation Degree in Mineral Products Technology at the University of Derby, but the learning doesn't stop there. Throughout the apprenticeship you are given the opportunity to attend various courses organised by the Company's Central Learning and Development Team.
Whilst on site you will be given a tailored training plan to work through and are supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you will be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety and to assist you in understanding the underlying concepts of this value, we require our apprentices to complete an NVQ Level 4 in Health, Safety and Environment.
As an employer we are committed to developing young people through our business. We currently have around 150 apprentices and graduates, working towards their ultimate career goals and achieving great success.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good standard of English Language and numerical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to create innovative solutions to problems that may arise on a daily basis
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team using your own initiative
- Knowledge of the construction and infrastructure materials industries
- Desire to work in a challenging and fast paced organisation
- Positive work ethic and proactive approach to development
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Willingness to work across the UK if required
Our minimum entry requirements are :
- 5 GCSE grades A - C including Mathematics, English Language and Science
- 2 A level grades A - C, with at least 1 STEM Subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths)
We recruit from a range of academic disciplines and have particular interest in technically orientated and business related subjects.Future prospects Things to consider (optional) After completion of the 3 year Higher Apprenticeship, there are a number of options you may choose to pursue including : • Optional progression to the BSc Honours Degree in Mineral Management • A career in an Operational Supervisory role • Or, given the size and scope of our Company, an exciting career in another division/department Please take the time to look at our profiles page on our Plotr Page (http://www.plotr.co.uk/employers/aggregate-industries/) to understand in more detail the career paths that some of our recent Higher Apprentices have taken. Things to consider You may be asked during the 3 year Apprenticeship to work at other sites across the UK in order to satisfy business needs. It would be advantageous to have a driving licence by the time you commence the Apprenticeship. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW) : The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.