Production Scheduler Higher Apprentice
7 days left
This is an exciting opportunity to join BTROS as one of our Higher Engineering Apprentices based at the Bombardier Transportation site here in Derby.
Purpose of the job.
To ensure that all shop floor documentation is issued in a timely manner to allow for on time delivery of all products.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
- Raise and issue works orders in line with either MPS requirements for main projects, or as required for “1 off” orders to ensure on time delivery of end products
- Raise and issue picking lists to the stores to allow materials to be issued to production in line with MPS requirements
- Maintain the shop floor production boards with required by dates based on determined lead times
- Attend production meetings and provide feedback as required
- Maintain the miscellaneous orders production board as required
- Closing down and completing of works orders to ensure that the system is up to date
- Call in materials as required on a just in time basis
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the business
- Desire to work in engineering and the ability to demonstrate this through application
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Technical background in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Visio, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Organisational skills with a methodical approach to tasks
- Willing to learn
- A Levels in Maths and a Science Subject (or equivalent)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering