Level 6 R&D Packaging Degree Apprenticeship Programme
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Unilever is a great place to begin your career. Our Research and Development teams are recognised and respected as some of the world’s best. They bring ideas to life that make our brands bigger, bolder and more exciting.
The Unilever Research and Development degree apprenticeship scheme in Colworth is your opportunity to join an exciting and challenging area within Unilever. Our apprentices follows structured and challenging academic programme to achieve a BSc Honours degree as well as working on real projects with world renowned scientists and engineers that deliver to some of the 2.5 billion consumers who use a Unilever product every day.
The Packaging Research & Development Refreshment Apprentice is recruited as a specialist role. As a Packaging Research & Development Refreshment Apprentice (aligned to the Packaging professional degree apprentice standard), you will be a part of the Global Refreshment Packaging team leading the way in developing new sustainable packaging and products within the Beverages and Ice Cream categories. Over the 5 years, you will be studying for an integrated BSc in Packaging technology and as part of the Refreshment Packaging team, you will have the opportunity to rotate through the sub functions to develop your skills in Packaging Excellence, Design, Sustainability and Innovation project delivery.
Working in the packaging labs, you’ll get a foundation in packaging measurement and testing. You’ll work with the Designers to bring the Packaging journey to life with creative ideas and prototypes and with the Brand Packaging teams to really understand the needs of our consumers. You will be exposed to a variety of packaging materials, their manufacture and decoration, to the packing and filling operations, and finally to the delivery of great packaging experiences with our consumers.
WHERE ARE THEY BASED?
You will be based at Colworth Unilever R&D site in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As well as English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at grade 5 or above, you will have at least 2 science A levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above – from Maths, Chemistry, Physics, or Biology. This can be already obtained or predicted grades from current study. Please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your results.
Interest in that subject area: We are looking for people with a real passion and genuine interest in Science, Materials and Food Packaging
- From the moment you join the scheme you will be working on real projects with real responsibilities and deliverables. We are looking for people with a passion to succeed and prepared to take on challenging work outside their comfort zone, an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with their studies. You should not be afraid to ask questions, learn new skills and speak up. Your input is just as important as the next person.
You must be able to express yourself when working within such a large business environment. You will need to listen to people and communicate clearly to achieve your goals
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK and have been a permanent resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU?
BSc in Packaging Technology while experiencing working in different areas of packaging
- packaging measurement and testing;
- understanding of packaging design & manufacturing
- understanding of packaging materials
- understanding of packing and filling operations
- Understanding of consumer needs
WHEN DOES IT START?
2nd September 2019