IT Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- G75 0QF, Glasgow
- £11,500 per annum.
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Based in East Kilbride, Roswell IT have an established track record of investing in junior talent, having supported 13 learners since 2015!
Roswell IT are on the lookout for another passionate and tech-savvy IT Support Apprentice to join their dynamic team.
“Working as an IT Apprentice for Roswell IT has been a really good experience for me, learning all of their systems, developing new skills and supporting customers. This apprenticeship opportunity has opened my mind about the IT world, and everyone has been really nice and welcoming!” -- from a current IT Apprentice.
You will be working within a team of IT Support Engineers to work with a range of clients to support their IT requirements, remotely and on clients’ sites. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a rewarding career in IT!
As the IT Support Apprenticeship, you will be completing QA’s Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Modern Apprenticeship at SCQF Level 6. You will be assigned a dedicated Skills Coach to support through the 12-month duration, completing relevant units and attending digital skills workshops to aid the development of your IT skills/knowledge.
- Answering customer calls to understand their IT issues
- Talking through actions, either face-to-face or over the phone to help resolve tech issues and providing support
- Working towards being able to troubleshoot system and network problems
- Setting up new users’ accounts, password rests, application testing and creating reports
- Building and setting up new hardware such as computers, laptops and telephone systems
- Installing/configuring computer hardware operating systems
- Someone who can chat about technology in simple terms
- Problem solver and logical thinker
- Passionate about tech and IT who keeps up to date with the latest technology
£11,500 per annum.
Monday to Friday,
8:30pm - 5pm,
37.5hrs a week.
You will have the opportunity to complete Microsoft certifications after completing your Azure Cloud Support Apprenticeship
Opportunity to become a permanent member of the team and move into more senior roles
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert