Sports Centre Leisure Assistant Apprenticeship
- Lifetime Training
- £396 per week
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Intermediate
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
● Interact with the public responsibly (whether, Sports Centre Members, pupils or staff) promoting a positive image of the facility and Clifton College swimming pool, by the provision of high-quality customer service.
● Comply with the Pool Safety Operating Procedure (PSOP) at all times.
● Maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the PSOP and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff where necessary.
● Attend monthly Lifeguard training sessions to ensure ongoing personal development and compliance of the requirements of both the Health and Safety Executive recommendations and Clifton College's set policies and procedures.
● Check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility in-line with daily procedures and report any damage or malfunction of equipment to the Duty Manager.
● Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
● Assist in the completion of opening and closing procedures for the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times.
● Assist in the preparation and operation of pool swimming sessions, including the safe set-up, removal and tidy storage of equipment.
● Report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately, especially those regarding security, safeguarding, welfare as well as health and safety.
● Assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the facility.
● Undertake any recommended suggested training requirements.
● Supervise the security and safety of all facility users ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the facility and carry out interventions and rescues as required.
● Supervise the Sports Centre front desk as and when required.
● The post holder may be required to take on the role of Duty Manager as required, managing the operation of the Sports Centre and assuming responsibility for the health & safety of all individuals on the premises.
● The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the Sports Centre as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
● Adhere to the College's health and safety policy and all associated requirements, to help ensure your safety, as well as the safety of those affected by what you do, or fail to do.
● Other reasonable duties as required.
At Clifton College, you will be working towards a Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.
Lifetime provides award-winning apprenticeship programmes and expert strategy advice. We are specialists in delivering apprenticeships across the Business Services, Management, Health and Social Care, Early Years, Active Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sectors between levels 2 to 5. We’ve developed through organic growth and strategic acquisitions over the last 25 years to become the UK's largest national provider of apprenticeships. We support over 20,000 learners a year, using our extensive knowledge and robust resource. Our team of over 1,000 employees ensures that we provide high quality, national coverage. Lifetime's Head Office houses our Operations 'Support Hub', while our delivery teams of Regional Trainers, English and maths Tutors, Area Managers, and Quality Improvement Coaches are field-based throughout the UK. This ensures that we can offer nationwide coverage with local delivery.
- 0333 014 3669
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert