Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
- Rugby, Warwickshire
- Starting salary of £12,448 increasing each year of successful apprenticeship
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Engineering & Aerospace
- Role Type
- Start Date
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
Business Area: Mechanical & Electrical Engineering (Rotating Machinery)
Who we are…
Quartzelec is an independent, multi-disciplined service provider that employs over 570 people in the UK and overseas with a turnover in excess of £66 million.
We support the industrial, infrastructure, commercial and service sectors with technical engineering expertise in the field of electrical contracting and the repair and maintenance of motors and generators.
Due to continued growth, we are now seeking an two apprentices for Mechanical Engineering to join the team within the Rugby business unit.
The role will offer the individual to get involved in all aspects of engineering process within the rotating machines industry, ultimately working within one of the Quartzelec support functions.
The activity undertaken by our Engineering Department is both diverse and challenging as it covers all aspects of the design, manufacture and repair of machines which are often highly complex.
Responsibilities and Duties may include:
- To participate in the apprentice programme with motivation and conscientious rotating through the business to experience all aspects of the rotating machines engineering processes. This includes machine shop activities, generator/motor build, mechanical fitting, electrical testing, CAD, and engineering design
- Work safely and attentively, regarding yourself and colleagues’ health and safety at work
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department, or company
- Attending lectures, practical sessions, and visits as per training provider learning plan
- To complete and pass all assignments by deadline set
- To attend the workplace during non-term time
- Always adhere to company policies and procedures
- Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans
Your key responsibilities and accountability on completion of your apprenticeship may include:
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Maintaining Fluid Power Equipment
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Preparing and using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and using Milling Machines Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings using a CAD System (Solid works)
Who we want…
By joining Quartzelec you will become part of a team, with the potential to become part of a truly nationwide service provider and with specific opportunities for overseas travel and long-term worldwide placements.
This is a 4-year apprenticeship resulting in a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering. The first year will be spent at Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) in Coventry learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will attend MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to work within Project Engineering functions. We are seeking motivated and ambitious individuals to join our team who possess or are predicted to gain 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*- C / 9-5 for Maths and A*- C / 9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects.
The following qualifications are attained through this apprenticeship:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
What we do for you…
Based on 39 hours per week Monday to Friday we offer a very competitive salary.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at Quartzelec Ltd. As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave
- Gym Subsidy payment
- Enhanced company contribution pension scheme
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events
Application process: To apply to the role, please follow the following link to MGTS submission page. Enrola
Strictly no agencies please.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert