Project Management Level 4 (Bloomberg Product Oversight)
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Banking & Financial Services, Technology
- Role Type
- Start Date
- 18-24 months
Programme Duration: 18-20 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to obtain a formal qualification while also being an important and highly valued member of the team.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment.
This comprehensive programme will provide you with extensive internal training, a carefully curated education plan with one of our academic qualification providers, and highly valuable hands-on experience of working within a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Introducing the Bloomberg Product Oversight team
The Bloomberg Product Oversight (BPO) team dives deep into the very roots of our client’s workflow to get a comprehensive understanding of their business. The team aligns client workflow and data consumption with the appropriate contractual framework and Bloomberg offering, protecting both our clients and Bloomberg. With both a consultative and analytical approach, they examine client data workflows, content licensing frameworks and strategic initiatives working closely across all internal lines of business. With such close proximity to our clients, the team is at the forefront of being able to provide business and product gaps to our management to better improve our offerings.
As an Apprentice within the BPO team, you will be proactively analysing existing client profiles, specifically Bloomberg data downloads, to understand client’s workflow and ensure suitable use of our product offerings, while also mitigating business risks. You’ll need to have a high degree of diplomacy and the ability to engage with a wide variety of individuals in a transparent manner, including but not limited to end-users, senior market data managers, C-level executives as well as internal partners.
Day-to-day responsibilities in this role could include:
- Reviewing and understanding client workflows to be able to position the best solutions for their long term needs.
- Collaborating with different sub teams within the department to achieve impact for the wider business such as helping with ongoing key priorities.
- Effectively managing internal engagement by preparing collateral & communicating with other departments.
- Available to start September 2023
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4 – 9 in any subject (Should include Maths & English)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including a professional demeanour
- Interest in financial services workflow across front, middle and back office
- Strong negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable interest in client-facing work
- An interest in Data and Technology to support the use of data
- Desire to develop skills and experience in data management
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- interest in audit and compliance
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert