Engineering Advanced Apprentice
- Newark on Trent
- £16,000. Increasing to £22,000 in Year 2, £28,000 in Year 3, £33,000 in Year 4.
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- FMCG & Manufacturing
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
- 24 months+
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will learn how to maintain machinery and equipment and find and resolve faults to optimise production levels.
- You will conduct planned and predictive maintenance to prevent issues occurring, as well as reactive maintenance, responding to breakdowns.
- You will also contribute to the installation and decommissioning of equipment.
- You will work as part of a team or alone, depending on the task - On a daily basis you will interact with other technicians and engineers, as well as with operational and site teams, and colleagues from Technical, Development, Finance & Planning.
- You will get involved in technical performance reviews and continuous improvement activities.
- You will learn how to employ engineering practices that ensure food safety in line with food safety legislation, keeping machinery and equipment running to meet production needs and outputs.
- You will ensure that our practices comply with food safety, health and safety, environmental, sustainability, and engineering regulations and standards, as well as taking account of business operation considerations such as cost and service level agreements.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You can expect to attain a level 3 Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance.
- A great part of our programme is that all of our Engineers from all of our sites get to learn together at one of the UK's leading Engineering colleges. We do this using a six week block release and residential model. This is 3 x 6 week training blocks every academic year. Accommodation, food and travel is paid for by the company. Everyone gets individual secure accommodation and safeguarding measures are in place.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of your programme, if you have successfully completed your apprenticeship and achieved the performance targets the we have set for you, you are guaranteed a permanent role with us as an engineer.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - C or 9 - 5) essential
- GCSE or equivalent English + 3 others (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) essential
Expected apprenticeship duration: 4 years
Apprenticeship Standard: Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship Level 3 (A level)
Training provider: Birmingham Metropolitan College
Expected start date: 04 Sep 2023
We're the biggest name you've never heard of! You've probably eaten our food- you just didn't realise it. Because as global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose in the UK. We're ambitious. We're full of ideas and we're ready for more people who share our passion for quality food to join us. Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. We are number one in the UK in the four product categories of meals, salads, desserts, and pizza & bread, providing high-quality, fresh, healthy, and convenient food. We have over 19,000 employees, our headquarters are in London and we have 23 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert