Who you’ll be working for:
Wicresoft UK are a growing Managed Service Provider (MSP) and advisory business. WSUK is on a growth trajectory; we are an ethical and equitable employer with a clear Mission and Values-based business model.
What’s in it for you:
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Team Leader, you would be joining a capable winning team here at Wicresoft UK. You will work with our Senior Engineers and Principal Engineers to define, design, build, configure, deploy, test troubleshoot and manage infrastructure solutions for our customers in their technology transformations and infrastructure upgrades. This will include site location surveys, building the physical infrastructure, physical equipment builds (servers, SAN etc.) installing the infrastructure including virtualisation as required.
You will be actively involved in diagnosing support issues as escalated, this will include assisting with virtualisation activities, operating system upgrades and troubleshooting the Microsoft Azure suite with regards to authentication, permissions, and general optimisations.
The company offers excellent benefits including:
- Training and Vendor Certification investment
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Monthly values awards / annual values recognition awards
- Paid overtime as required
You will be responsible for:
- Resolving escalated support issues, ensuring support issues are logged and updated with accurate and timely information
- Contributing toward the continuous improvement of operational support tools, such as monitoring tools, deployment tools and methods, configuration management, change management etc
- Creating effective Test Plans, conducting, and validating those tests, documenting results, and any nonconformant outcomes
- Ensuring WSUK IT systems are configured in line with industry best practices, compliant with regulatory requirements, and that they are monitored, secure, resilient, and backed up
- Reporting any non-conformances with best practices
- Building, configuring and documenting any hardware as required (Firewalls, Servers, desktops, notebooks)
- Installing, updating and validating any operating systems (inc. virtual) as required
- Configuring, installing (on-site if required) any equipment as required
- Ensuring all client documentation is updated, change logs are maintained and accurate
You will need the following skills:
- Excellent communication
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
40 hours per week, shifts to cover 8am - 6pm
All roles provide the opportunity to progress through I.T related career paths, from Service Desk Operators and Engineers through to executive level management. We actively promote the adoption of new skills and vendor certifications and the opportunity to follow alternate career paths within the scope of our delivered and supported service provision.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.