Network Support Apprentice
- QA Apprenticeships
- PE19 8EL, St Neots
- £14,000 per annum.
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Technology, Telecommunications
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Higher
- Start Date
- 12-18 months
Who you’ll be working for:
i-Dash are experts in technology and offer a wide range of solutions, these range from Business Continuity and Data recovery, telecoms, Hosted cloud and back up, traditional hardware supply, support and consultancy. With over 20 years’ experience, our success is based on our ability to convert knowledge into value for our customers.
i-Dash work with leading technology providers to give you the technology and support you need. As well as working with Microsoft, Veeam, HP, WatchGuard and other tier 1 brands, i-Dash is also proud to have its own on-site tier 3 data centre. i-Dash offer a comprehensive solution portfolio with deep industry knowledge, extensive technology expertise and profound customer service.
What’s in it for you:
With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
You will be responsible for:
- Working to resolve IT, technology and telecoms Issues for the company’s clients
- Providing solutions to incidents and problems (and escalating internally to senior engineers when needed)
- Providing on-site support to clients in education for IT and hardware
- Providing resolution to customer issues and requirements via telephone, email, remote access and onsite
- Working to agreed SLA's
- Contributing to internal policies, procedures and processes
- Prioritising and managing several open support requests at once
- Keeping accurate records and documentation up to date when required
- Detailing notes and customers in a clear and concise manner
- Troubleshooting desktop and sever problems reported by customers and/or monitoring systems
- Desktop/Laptop/Server support
- Active directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server and Windows 10
- Networking (LAN/WAN/WLAN/VLAN)
- Firewalls, Access Points and network switches
- Various customer related software (Sage, QuickBooks, etc.)
You will need the following skills:
- Good customer service skills
- Passion and understanding of the IT and technology landscape
- Fast learner with the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Good communication and people skills
- Good time management
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- UK Driving License
The entry requirements for this Network Engineer L4 are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37.5 hours per week
92% of QA Apprentices secure full-time employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA Apprenticeships is the first Ofsted 'Outstanding' rated IT apprenticeships provider, as well as 3-time consecutive winner of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year (2012, 2013 and 2014). According to Ofsted, we deliver "world-class" apprenticeship programmes with "exceptionally well qualified" staff. Most of our apprentices "deliver a high standard of work for their employers and exceed expectations, often finding better ways of working and reducing costs".
Why choose QA Apprenticeships?
- The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding
- 100% of QA apprentices have jobs from day one of their 12–14 month apprenticeship programmes
- 94% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing; this is 20% higher than the national average (National Apprenticeship Service 2012)
- We have won the coveted Apprenticeship Programme of the Year award for three consecutive years at The Learning Awards 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Leading apprenticeship partner for Microsoft, Oracle, HPE, Cisco and Association of Project Management
Rath House 55-65 Uxbridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert