Local Authority Administration Apprentice
- Kent Training & Apprenticeships
- Gravesend, Kent
- £177.97 per week
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Role Type
- Apprenticeship, Advanced
- Start Date
Responsible to the Senior Waste & Transport Officer (Waste & Transport), you will support the administration officers in tasks relating to Gravesham Borough Councils Waste & Transport services.
Travel Information: The Brookvale Depot is based in Northfleet, Northfleet Train Station and a bus hub a few minutes’ walk away.
Description of Vacancy
- To provide administration support for the Waste & Transport Service Team.
- To carry out daily administration duties and deal with enquiries received from other departments and customers accordingly.
- Undertake a range of specialist tasks including photocopying, filing, message taking, sorting and distributing post etc.
- To carry out a variety of data input tasks.
- Stock Monitoring
- Assist with all other duties related to the administration section.
- An opportunity to work in a customer focussed service by responding to customers with waste and transport related issues.
- To assist in the administration of the day-to-day operations and development of the Waste Management & Transport department.
Administrative and clerical support
- An opportunity to work in a fast paced customer focussed service by responding to customers with waste & transport related enquiries.
- To provide support and assistance to departments by engaging with and responding to customer and colleague enquiries.
- This post will provide an insight on how the local authorities implements waste & transport services.
- To provide a range of administrative duties including printing, photocopying, filing, message taking, stock monitoring, sorting and distributing post.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers and staff.
- To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with the council’s policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- To undertake any other administration job related tasks as required.
£177.97 per week
37 Hours per week
Business core hours
8.30 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday
8.45 am – 4.45 pm Friday
With 1 hour lunch break per day
- Experience in customer service
- Good telephone manner
- Basic IT Skills
- Ability to carry out basic Office skills
- Ability to follow set procedures and routines
- Good telephone manner
- Good time keeping
- Good work ethic
- Great team player
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to own personal development and take full advantage of training provided.
Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent A-C grade
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert